Had Dr. Appt. re: Lump on Neck

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I saw my dr. yesterday for the lump on my neck. He said it's a sebacious (sp?) cyst and was not dangerous. He examined both sides of my neck and said I'm getting one on the other side. He told me to use warm compresses. He also gave me samples of an antibiotic and said only to use it in a few days if the compresses don't help. I felt so funny going in considering I'd been there a week or so ago re: the fatigue. But it really hurt and I wanted to check it out. At least I know it's not something bad. And I don't think it's related to the FMS. He said he gets them too sometimes! Thanks for all of your concern too!

Annette2
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Why are you not satisfied with your doctor's diagnosis? My doctor took a lot of time to explain to me what it was (and what it wasn't) and how to treat it. He examined me very carefully. I don't want to start trouble, but I think if you don't trust this doctor you should find another one. Has he given you cause in the past not to trust his diagnoses? Anyway, I used the hot compresses and it's helping. The pain isn't as bad and the lump is getting smaller. I hope yours is the same - nothing serious and that goes away soon!

Annette2 :)
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

This sounds exactly like what I have. If he says not to worry and you trust him, then that's it. I thought mine could be a lymph node or gland, but he said no. About 30 years ago I used to get lumps and they were clogged lymph glands (not node).. I would take antibiotics and they would clear up. But my dr. said thos is definitely not a lymph gland. So I believe him and that's that. Try not to worry, but if you still don't believe him then get a second opinion. It will make you feel better.

Annette2
  5. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

That you are O.K., at least it's not something life threatening. The Good Lord knows we certainly do have enough to make us feel bad or scare the water out of us.

Take care and God Bless!

sumbuni
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Thanks for your good wishes. I think I must see my dr. more than his wife does (lol)! If it's not one thing it's another. Thank G-d it's not life-threatening, but just enough to make us uncomfortable. I hope when this goes away something else doesn't occur to take its place!!!!

Annette2