Had first appt with rheumy today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diricha, Oct 1, 2002.

1. diricha

diricha New Member

He believes I have fibro. He said I have all the symptoms. He wants a few more labs to completely rule out everything else. He did the tender point exam on me. OUCH. I had to squat all the way down and stand back up. I had to use a chair to get back up, and my knees were badly shaking. I'm sure he noticed. I liked him. He didn't give me any "It's depression, all in your head, etc." I go back in a month. He told me to get my rest and start exercising. Preferably yoga. I almost laughed. Maybe in the future, I can. There is NO way I could do yoga right now. He also gave me samples of Ultracet. Anybody here tried it? I usually take Ultram. I can't take anything else. Other meds either hurt my stomach, or they don't work. I'm happy with the visit, though. Yay!
  2. diricha

diricha New Member

He believes I have fibro. He said I have all the symptoms. He wants a few more labs to completely rule out everything else. He did the tender point exam on me. OUCH. I had to squat all the way down and stand back up. I had to use a chair to get back up, and my knees were badly shaking. I'm sure he noticed. I liked him. He didn't give me any "It's depression, all in your head, etc." I go back in a month. He told me to get my rest and start exercising. Preferably yoga. I almost laughed. Maybe in the future, I can. There is NO way I could do yoga right now. He also gave me samples of Ultracet. Anybody here tried it? I usually take Ultram. I can't take anything else. Other meds either hurt my stomach, or they don't work. I'm happy with the visit, though. Yay!
  3. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I am happy for you too! I hope you get a diagnosis soon, so you can get help. The Rheumy visit is something isnt it?

I recently learned meditation techniques, and its helped alot with lowering stress, which helps with symptoms. Havent tried the yoga yet. Ouch, on that. LOL.

I need to also exercise more,its like one thing at a time though, small steps lead into larger steps.

keep us all posted on whats going on.. etc.

Peace~Sunshyne
  4. mistyb

mistyb New Member

I have a prescription for Ultracet. I really do well with it. I find that I can take it on days when I am working and it doesn't interfere with my ability. Most others knock me out. I get no side effects at all.

Good luck
    Misty
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

is Ultram with Tylenol added, that's what the cet means.

Barbara
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm glad you had a good experience with your doctor. That makes all the difference. I take Ultracet. I take it before bed and I have no side effects with it. As far as exercise, I walk on a treadmill. It helps stretch my muscles and loosens up my hip muscles, which hurt the most. I've heard yoga is good for FMS - I guess if you try it you should tell the instructor because you may not be able to do all the positions. I keep thinking about doing it, but I don't have the time right now. I also like to sit in a hot bath or whirlpool. Oh, another thing - stretching is really good for your muscles. When I'm in pain, stretching really helps. Good luck!

Annette2