Had first Trigger Point Injection today - oh the pain, the pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Well, i wasn't going to do it but went to this pain doctor, and she said, "we can do a trigger point injection right now, it will be very fast

Well since I have had like this lump on my upper back from muscle stiffness for some time, I don't know why, i went for it - Husband had to take off work at a busy time and he kind of talked me into it

Felt good until the local wore off, now it hurts!! Hopefully tomorrow will be better

What are your thought???
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

My rheumy has offered them to me but i never have had the trigger point injections.
    How long did the local last ?
    Was it really worth having the injections?

Butterflydream
  3. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I have had trigger point injections in the past. Everytime the injection wore off within 24 hours. I decided not to have it done anymore.
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

The local wore off in about 1 hour

I have felt some relief, but I feel I need them in more parts of my body, because my muscles are so knotted and tense
  5. loto

loto Member

a few weeks ago my primary doctor gave me a cortisone shot, i asked for one for my elbows, and he said he'd just give it to me in my arm, that way it will help with all my joints. Since then, it has helped my elbows so much! i can actually lift stuff without crying out in pain. It has also helped my neck! So far it's still working. So, wonder if you get a cortisone shot in your arm if it will help you more????
  6. jam02

jam02 New Member

I get trigger point injections and if the muscles and tendons are really ramped up in pain you will be sore but it should wear off and then calm down and you should feel relief. They should put a lidocaine patch on the spot after they do the injection. My doc always does that and it helps. The first time I got the trigger points in my shoulders done was the toughest but now its much better and lasts for about 4-6 weeks.
  7. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

THEY CAN DO GOOD FOR SOME PEOPLE I THINK, HOPE FOR YOU THEY DO. I , FOR MYSELF, THEY WORKED GREAT / HEAVENLY THE FIRST FOUR TIMES I WENT ,THEN MY MUSCLES WERE SO HARD THAT IT WAS OH SO PAINFUL FOR ME FOR ANY FUTURE SHOTS.OFCOURSE I WANTED TO TRY ONE MORE TIME, BUT BELIEVE ME OR NOT, THE NEDLE BENT SO MUCH! IT BECAME IMPOSSIBLE AFTER THAT. BUT THATS ME, DON'T LET IT DETER YOU FROM FURTHER INJECS. THEY COULD DO GREAT FOR YOU, ANY RELIEF IS BETTER THAT NONE...ROOTEN FOR YA!!!!!!