Had gallbladder surgery Monday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Nov 3, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

Boy, that was really no fun. But finally am able to get around better today without as much pain. I even took a shower tonight. And I've been sleeping in the recliner and today, I layed down on the bed without much pain. So, I am really anxious to sleep in my bed tonight.

But I do have a question. While I was in recovery, they came and took blood twice. Is this normal? I ask the nurse why and she said "for HCH and I'm not really sure what else". Really smart nurse huh? I looked up HCH and it seems they might've been checking for cancer. What do you guys think?

I go back to the doc in a week and I will ask him. I do have a fatty liver, maybe that is why?

Oh well, just thinking outloud.

My honey has been such a sweatheart. He has waited on me hand and foot. And has even slept on the fold out couch downstairs with me sleeping in the recliner. He's been cooking for me and pretty much being my slave. It has been nice but really weird. I'm usually the take er care of.

Thanks for listening.

bozey
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

That does sound painful. I'm glad you're healing well and even get to sleep in a real bed tonight. Hooray. What a sweetie your husband has been. It does seem odd when they take care of us, doesn't it?

I don't know about the blood draw. No clue. Someone else may and your doc can tell you about it next week. I'm just glad you're feeling better and the gall bladder is gone. I understand they can be very painful when they go bad! My sister and my mother had theirs taken out.

Take it easy, Bozey. Give yourself time to heal. Glad you're back on the board.

VERY gentle hugs,
    Sue
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Bozey, I don't have any idea what HCH is, but I'm glad that you are progressing well.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery !!!!!!

Hugs,
    Janet