Had Lasik Yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Oct 12, 2005.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Just a quick post! There was a thread a while back about whether Lasik was Ok or would be a setback. My Dr said stress could be an issue but If that wasn't a problem for me go for it.

I had the Lasik yesterday at 11:00. Was home by 1:00. The procedure was slightly nerveracking but very simple and quick. I spent a long time researching Drs. I slept the rest of the day woke up and ate and went back to sleep (They gave ne some Valium) This morning I woke up and could see perfectly. No more glasses. I was slightly tired today but I think it was a valium hangover more than anything.

Went to my salsa class tonight and plan to trail ride tomorrow! No problems!

Take Care everyone! Lynn
  2. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

...thanks for the post on my other thread.

Have been considering getting Lasik for a little while now. Not sure if I could take that laser coming at my eye though. How did it go for you? Sounds like you bounced back pretty quickly though.

I am so jealous of the dance lessons and horseback riding, but sssooooo happy for you.

After 1 FFC visit I got a tiny taste of getting better and have been flying high emotionally happy for the first time in forever.

I wish you continued improvement and hope that everyone else on the board continues to progress as well!

You give me hope,
    Jen

3. JLH

JLH New Member

I happy to hear that your surgery went well!

The recovery period sounds impressive, too!! Already going to your salsa class and planning to go trail riding tomorrow! Wow!!

That is just absolutely great!!

I would love to have it done, too and get rid of the glasses!

Would this take care of your vision problems even if you have to wear bi-focals and have an astigmatism? Just wondering. Does insurance cover it?

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

It really was not bad they put in numbing drops and you can feel a little pressure but he whole thing literally took 10 minutes with the actual procedure about 5 seconds per eye.

I only had nearsightedness so I think you just have to talk to the eye doctor. I went to the guy who did Tiger woods and John Smoltz. My good friend works for an eye dr and thats who they use. I felt pretty confident because I have been thinking baout this for a while. My mother in law passed away a year ago and she left me some money and a letter. In the letter she said go have the surgery. How could I not??

Yes I went to my salsa class last night and had a good time but came straight home and went to bed. I also actually took a lesson today instead of trail riding and jumped a course!

I will say this- I am feeling better but I do pace myself. I lay down every day for a rest around 4 and stay down for at least an hour and a half. I also go to bed every night at the same time usually 10:30-11:00 and get up at the same time. I alternate days as well. Tomorrow Grant has a dental appt and then we are coming home and taking it really easy just light housework. I am not cooking tonight either.

If I feel tired I stop! I do not go all day anymore and I have totally learned to give myself permission to do what I want as I can do it. Pacing has been a really hard thing to master but you have to do it!
  5. twister425

twister425 New Member

How nice you have your vision again. glasses are a pain in the butt. Im jealous that you can ride your horse. I have several horses but am unable to ride right now.Fall is the best time to ride!
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

Congratulations, Lynn! Enjoy life without eyeglasses!

I had astigmatism, wore bifocals, was very nearsighted, and was heading toward trifocals when I had the Lasik done. All gone, all better! I do need mild reading glasses because of my age (just joined AARP and proud of it!) but that's sure better than trifocals. I never could adjust to the progressive (no-line) lenses.

It's been a bit over two years now, and my distance vision is still 20/20 or better if I squint a bit. No regrets, and I still think it's a miracle!

Peace,
    Beth.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2005]