Had mammogram redone.Now I need biopsy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Nov 19, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I go on Tuesday to see a surgeon.

WHATS NEXT.I don't know why all this is happening to me.

Need my left hand operated on .And my back .NOW this .

I cant believe it one thing after another since the FM and CFs osteoarthritis ,carper tunnel ,tendinitises left hand ,now need biopsy on my left side under my arm pit.Need back surgery for 5 pinched nerves.And I also have a gland infection ,sinus infection and ear infection.

My plate is to full.I don't know If I'm going to handle THE BIG C.

Please pray for me .I don't normally ask .So many are worst off than me.So I always pray for them and there loved ones.

All Ive done is cry.since yesterday.

I was not going to post this but I need your support.

I'm scared.

Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2005]
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I'm sorry that you have so much to handle at this time.

I had to have a biopsy done a few years ago - but they did an ultrasound first to locate the nodes, and decided then and there to do a needle biopsy - nothing to it. They inserted stainless steel clips where the nodes were so that every time I have a new mamogram, they'll know that there was something there previously.

It was a little scary waiting for the results, but all was well.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you have so much to cope with just now.

I'm glad that you have a good husband who supports you and a loving family, your grandchildren are an absolute delight.

You have a right to cry, this is a very scary thing.

My thoughts are with you, please keep in touch and let us know how you get on with the consultant on Tuesday.

love
    Rosie
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sue,
    I know you are overwhelmed right now and you have a right to be. Crying is OK if you need to; it can help a lot! Just try to take things one day at a time. Very often biopsies are benign but you need to know.
    I will put your post on the prayer thread.

Take Care.

Kathy.
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

We are praying that it turns out to be just a benign lump like Hangininthere mentioned. Prayer changes things...keep telling yourself that...o.k?

My sisier-in-law went through same thing...benign! And heard of so many others same thing.

Try to think positive and know we support you. But, we also know how it feels to need to vent your feelings....just seems to help! We are hear to listen.

BIG GENTLE HUG TO SUE

MamaR

6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I just had a spot compression done a few weeks back.. they decided it's an abnormal density and I have to do a follow up in 3 months.. Oh boy!
    I know you have to be scared.. I was with just the compression.. and the wait is always the hardest..
    Sue, I'm keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed for ya and putting in a word with the man upstairs..
    sometimes it feels like there is just too much on our plates.. Hang tough.. we are always here..
    Big hugs.. dona
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sue,
    I had the same thing happen to me, but on the second mammogram, it turned out to be nothing.

You probably have a cyst or a mass that is benign. I have these cysts and hard masses all over my body. My dad had them really badly.

Oh hon, I know how upset you are. Just remember that most are benign. They may want to take it out even if it is benign just so it won't show up again.

I had a friend who after the biopsy had to wait 3 weeks to get results and she was a basket case. Turned out to just be a benign tumor.

Many prayers to you.

I'm 56 and I have only been going every other year because I'm scared they will find one of those cysts/tumors and I'd have to go through the biopsy, etc. Now I'm going to go every year.

It's natural to be scared, hon.

Big hugs to you,
    Faye
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

You have so much going on, and now this. I hope and pray that all goes well for you in every way. Wishing you the very best. Please let us know what happens.

I'm a 2 1/2 yr. breast cancer survivor...emphasis on SURVIVOR!! With all you've been through so far, you too are a survivor.

Warm hugs,
    Hopeful4
  9. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I have prayed for you, and will continue to pray. It does
    sound like a very full plate. The Lord will give you strength to deal with it all, or take some of the things off the plate.
    It's always ok to ask us to pray for you, support you, and encourage you. That's what the board is for.
    Praying for God's blessings,
    Janice
    Nanna4550
  10. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I am trying to think positive.The surgeon I have saved my daughters life 20 yrs ago . He was fresh out of med school.I know he is a fantastic surgeon .So I am going to think positive.

I have not told my children about the biopsy don't want them to worry.Will tell them when its done.I'm hopping this is the right thing to do.

Again Thank You All for caring.I will keep you posted.Ill post after Tuesday here.

{{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}}}
    Sue
  11. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I remember............

It is so worrisome, hard to get your mind off any thing else..consuming......

I had my biopsy at Kent Hospital, Warwick, Dr. Dyer. I was fortunate, it was negative.

Recuperation from surgery was very easy despite FMS, etc.

You have a good surgeon.....

You have our prayers.....

Love June

[This Message was Edited on 11/20/2005]
  12. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

I pray for good results and peace of mind until you receive those results. Take Care and God bless you.
  13. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

hi Sue: I know how you feel. I dealt with many of the things you did plus marriage break up and deaths in the famil and yes cancer. This has all been in the last 4 years and the deaths were as recent as this summer. 2 of them. You do get thru it ONE DAY AT A TIME. there were times it was a moment at at time. Im not here to tell you its easy because it isnt but you come out of it stronger, braver, and a better woman. My life it pretty good these days in many many ways and enriched by my life experiences. I kept friends, family and my God close and that got me thru. Im here if you need a good ear.
    hugs poodlemum