Had Meeting With My Lawyer For SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Sep 12, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Had a meeting with my lawyer today.My hearing is on the 19 Th.She told me I have a very good case BUT.

I have seen two rheumys and both have confirmed my FM.My shrink has also confirmed it and depression my GP also. The But is because I have the worst judge anyone could have.She is known for as.........Cant say it.

My attorney said she likes reports from 3 rheumys not 2 so my attorney set up an appointment for me this week to have an evaluation done.OK I said.

I also have letters from my employers about my job performance and how I would always put in 50 to 60 hrs a week.That this was totally out of corrector for me .That they also noticed the sever pain that I was in.

Also that I would show up for work no matter how I felt and it was them that would tell me to go home and take it easy for awhile.

My lawyer said the letters are great .I also have some from friends on how Ive gone down hill.I than told her that my hubby and his Dad would speak on my behalf.She told me that this judge will not let them testify.

The judge will only allow me and her 2 experts to speak.
    I am really nervous.And of all the luck I have the toughest judge.Shes a she so I thought maybe she would understand a little about FM.Lawyer says shell ask me a lot of ? and she does not want just a yes or no.She wants details.And lots of them.

Well wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.I let you all know how I make out.If I get denied I will appeal again.

Sue
  2. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

Good luck to you. I'm very nervous about pursuing this. I too would go to work no matter how terrible I felt. I now have 2 year old triplets though and it's worse than ever. There's no way I could hold a full time job at this point so I've got to try.

I hope everything goes well. Stay positive!!

Heidi
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Sue:

This judge sounds tough. She wants reports from 3 Rheumys?
    Wow I thought I had a rough time. It took me three years to get to a hearing and all I had was two reports from one Rheumy and two reports from one Psychiatrist and was approved.

All I can say is you do have alot of information being provided to her and to keep positive. I always say if the reports are strong enough it is rare that you would be denied at this stage. If you are you can appeal again.

In any event I wish you the best of luck and please let me know the outcome. I would be hard pressed to see you get denied.

God Bless.

Hugs,
    Francey
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

I've not been through it, but just keep your cool. Personally, I don't know if you've done any journaling or writing down of symptoms or feelings, but might not be a bad idea to review anything you've written in the past.
    Let us know how it goes...
    Rachel
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thank you all for your support.Ill let you know what happens.

Thank you
    Hugs
    Sue