Had more pain since swimming in cold water last tuesday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 8, 2008.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have been hurting so badly that I can't sleep at all during the night. I am so sleepy by 11pm but when i lay down I am wide awake.. I don't have a clue as to the cause of this.
    I know that last tuesday the aater was much colder than usual and since that date my legs , body just ache and throbb. I keep getting sharp , buring needle like pain in my heel and foot.

I only know that my pain has increased alot and it is not usual for me to have more and more pain all the time.
    I find that I get so sleepy that when I type my eyes want to shut and stay closed, I startle and jump alot. When my body startle and jumps it makes me less tired and harder to sleep.

Why is this going on? I wish that I could sleep like a normal person now be a zombie

Confused and in pain, wishing to sleep more
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2008]
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I don't think this could be a reaction to the cold water unless you mean that being in the cold water has sent you into a flare up.

The burning, needle like pain in heel and sleep problems would not be symptoms caused by the cold water itself. Where the body aches and throb can be caused by cold water it would have to be continuous cold water, a reaction from last Tuesday of these would have left your body by now.

I would call your doctor and explain your symptoms to him. Perhaps he can give you a med for sleeping.

Like I said before the only way I think cold water could in any way be related is if you think it sent you into a flare up and you believe you are currently in a flare up state.
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

As far as sleep goes I use sleep medications. It took awhile for me and my doc to find a sleep med that worked for me but we eventually found one. We just didn't give up.

I now use Halcion. It seems to be working well.
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

We have a pool and I avoid going in unless the water is in the upper 80's. I'll turn the heater on for a couple of hrs just to take the chill off in the shallow end. Then, that's where I stay floating on one of comfy inflatables.

My dh laughs at me cuz he thinks the water is great when it's just 80. It just hurts me to the bone if I go in when it's that cold. It takes my body a long time to recover and to get my body temp regulated again. Hurts all over.
  5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Each night I swim I gasp when my body gets into the water. It is so cold. but the swimming has done wonders with my knees. I could not walk up the stairs a few months ago and since I have been exerciseing I walk better and can go up the stairs like a normal person does.. So I don't want to quit .

I may have no choice as the pool is out doors and here in Utah the nights are geting cooler and most of the deep end areobics class have stopped as the teachers are in school. We were told last Tuesday that it was the last night for our teacher but if we still wanted to come and swimm we would as the shallow end is still having class's we can just go into the deep water. I hope that we have a teacher tonight.

Thanks for your thoughts. I am going to find a school that has water areobics and go to it. There the water is heated and in side. I may hate the cold but the swimming has helped me alot.You all are great thanks for every thing