had my dreaded dental work today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PVLady, Jun 22, 2007.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

A few weeks ago I lost a filling. I have been putting some filling material in the hold that have at the store, until I could see the dentist.

I have not seen a dentist for 25 years!!! The dentist expected the worst when he examined me. I thought I heard him say "this is really bad" but what he really said was "this is not bad at all" He was surprised.

I only had one cavity where I lost the filling. He worked on that tooth for 2 1/2 hrs. At first his crown fell off and he thought I would need a root canal. I said NO to that - just pull the tooth.

He rebuilt the tooth a second time and it worked. He certainly earned his money with me. He is a excellent dentist and I has absolutely no pain. He was very careful all along to make sure I had no pain.

I was so nervous and in a flare before going but I knew I had to go.

When it was all over I was like a puppy dog wanting to leave the vet's office. I could not wait to scram.

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Whew! Aren't you glad it's over? I hate to go to the dentist too. I'm due to go and I keep putting it off. I got my mercury fillings removed in March, and I feel like that's enough dental work to last for a while!

I'm glad it went well for you!! Sounds like a great dentist!
  3. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

that is very brave of you. I know how hard it is to go after a long time. Been there, done that. I am so glad you didn't have much problem. I haven't been so lucky. I still need more work and haven't been able to make myself go. Ah.....
    Hugs, Penny
  4. jole

jole Member

I dread dentists worse than anything! Guess because I have always had such poor teeth and they are getting worse. All I know is I get my money's worth out of the arms of their chairs! lol If they were new, they sure aren't when I leave..:)

When I was a kid they never deadened our teeth, just had at it. No wonder I have anxiety attacks now.

Glad yours went well, and your dentist is good. I too am amazed at the 25 year part. WOW!
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

No, I did not even go for a cleaning. I brush alot, and always rinse after eating. I do need a whitening treatment. I also believe one reason, (and the dentist agreed) was because I had orthodontic work when I was 28. Has my teeth straightened, also pulled wisdom teeth and two other teeth that was causing crowding.

Because my teeth were not crowded, I was able to keep them cleaner.

I am still feeling stressed due to the appointment. I am achey, etc. I was stiff and stressed the entire time in the chair.