Had my EEg today.....anyone else have one?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 29, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

No results yet, however the tech did say a whole lot of frontal lobe activity, I was in the middle of a terrible anxiety attack at the time, my heart had been racing for a few hours before & during, wanted to just beat out of my chest, my chest was so tight.

I am convinced I am getting some heart involvement now in my fibro, have not addressed that yet, I will add it to my list.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any opinion as to this major frontal lobe activity???

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

No results yet, however the tech did say a whole lot of frontal lobe activity, I was in the middle of a terrible anxiety attack at the time, my heart had been racing for a few hours before & during, wanted to just beat out of my chest, my chest was so tight.

I am convinced I am getting some heart involvement now in my fibro, have not addressed that yet, I will add it to my list.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any opinion as to this major frontal lobe activity???

Jaci
  3. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

I,ve had three eegs but so far no mad frontal lobe activity.But the qualitative eeg I had done showed slow waves in the delta area of my brain in the deep structures in the parietal lobe. Then two other eegs have shown a problem in the anterior mid right temporal lobe. What all this means I dont really know except my results said that extreme caution should be exercised over an epilepsy diagnosis. I,m now awaiting a sleep deprived eeg but will probably have to wait quite a while for it. I,ve also requested a long eeg over 4 days so that I can get a clearer picture of my brain activity.
    The only eeg that will show up slow waves is the qualitative eeg so it might be woorth asking about it.
    Regarding your heart racing. I know how worrying this can so ask for a ecg to put your mind at rest. Sometimes anti anxiety medications can solve this problem so these might be an option for you. Book a long appointment with your GP and raise all of your concerns with him and ask him to go through all the available treatment options with you. A lot of us have problems with sleep which in itself can play havoc with your system so maybe if that problem was addressed and treated appropiately you could begin to address the other problems.
    good luck
    love therese
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My QEEG showed a damaged frontal lobe, among other things. I know you don't want to take xanax, from reading your post under "Benzos and Fibro". The only other thing that may help that racing heart that I can think of is a beta-blocker, but they have side-effects also. Have you tried deeep breathing exercises?
    Klutzo