Had My Erythema Biopsied

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mikie, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Since it's gotten twice as large and had a double red ring around it, I went to the dermatologist. She biopsied it and put in a suture. She's looking for Lyme or Lupus. I don't think it's either, at least, I'm hoping it's neither. My family and I were all sick before the spot showed up. We are all still sick. We get better and then sick again. I would think the peptide injections would protect against Lupus but I don't know that for sure. I'll just have to wait.

Once again today, I'm going to bed. I took an Acyclovir as it feels as though my old Herpes Family Virus is trying to reactivate. Doc said if I got sick (I guess she means really sick), I should go to the ER. I'll have to be on my death bed for that to happen.

Results will be back in about a week. I'll keep y'all updated.

Love, Mikie
  2. mbofov

mbofov Member

Sorry to hear the erythema is worse! I hope your doctor gets an answer for you with the biopsy and hope it's nothing major.

Keep us posted -

Mary
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are always so supportive and helpful. I really appreciate it. Hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

did you read up on oregano oil? Does it look like this?

http://www.oiloforegano.co/get-rid-of-ringworm-with-oil-of-oregano.html
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I am praying for good results from the biopsy and healing for you.
  6. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I'm sorry you're having to go through so much. I hope the biopsy is okay and they can diagnose it soon. My husband had a similar spot on his face. It would disappear and then reappear on a regular basis.

The doctor finally diagnosed it as a fungus. I'll ask him what the name of the cream he prescribed was. He hasn't had it reappear in the last couple of years.

He did have some other spots on his face that they froze at that time but I don't think that's what they did to the large one. I could be wrong though. I'll check.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate all your good wishes and suggestions. Doc said it is not ringworm but that doesn't mean it couldn't be some other type of fungal infection. When I looked up erythemas, I read that they can be caused by many, many things, several of which I have. Taking sulfa drugs can cause it; I took Bactrim for a UTI before I went to Atlanta. Mycoplasma infections can cause them; that is what triggered my CFIDS/ME full blown. Herpes-Family Viruses can cause them; I have some kind of unidentified HFV, likely EBV, CMV or HHV-6. It actually feels as though it's trying to reactivate, as it often doesn when I am sick or run down. So, I'll take the Acyclovir to see whether it helps.

Articles all said it's important to have the erythema biopsied to rule out some things. I'm not worried because I've been through sooooo much and managed to survive. Like all of us, though, I'd like to do better than just survive. It's OK for a while but not much of a lifestyle. Whine, whine, whine :)

Tweety has been snuggling up with me a lot; I think she knows I'm sick. Bless her heart. She's growing into a helper/healer cat. If I move in bed, she runs up to my face and murmurs little sweet nothins' to me.

So, dear friends, I'm in good hands and in good paws :) It is so healing to hear from all of you, my online family.

Love, Mikie
  8. joanierav

joanierav Member

awww when you mentioned the story about tweety snuggling up to you, it brought tears to my eyes. animals certainly do sense when we are sick. maybe they can smell it from us. very sweet.

i am so sorry you are going through this now. i havent gotten any of my red dots in a few mos. but i will get them again , and when i do, i will get them biopsied asap. the more answers we have the better. altho whenever i get an answer, something else rears its ugly head, right around the corner. and on and on it goes.

how can we expect the docs to help, when i find it hard , to even articulate the things that i experience on a daily basis. i cant even keep up with me.

praying for you and all of us.

love, joanierav

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope your spots are gone for good. There are erythemas which appear as many spots but, then, there are lots of things which they could be. Rashes are the bane of docs' existences.

I still don't feel well. I'm not down and out sick but don't feel well either. That's the way my kids feel up in Atlanta. Was going to go to the store today but don't absolutely have to so will stay home. I ventured out to use a coupon yesterday and just to get out. I should go get my mail.

Thanks again for your kindness. Sending hugs.

Love, Mikie
  10. I haven't been able to check the board much lately, until very briefly last night. But wasn't able to read any of the threads but one... so I had no idea you were dealing with this... and I am SO sorry to hear what you're going through, Mikie!

I wasn't familiar with "erythemas", so I googled it... it sounds very similar to something I experienced a few years ago. It was ahorrible rash that started spreading from my right shoulder down my chest... it was very scary. My primary doc at the time didn't know what it was, so she sent me to a dermotologist that put me on prednisone to get rid of it. Apparently, I was having a bad reaction to an antibiotic I had never taken before called "Ceftin"... I had recently been put on it for a bad upper respiratory infection. Well, at least that's what the doc THOUGHT the cause was. The prednisone did help it go away, thank God!

But my heart goes out to you, Mikie! I know you must be feeling like "if its not one thing, its another".... but please know I will be praying for you... for healing and strength and that this doesn't turn out to be anything more serious.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Mikie. You're doing the right thing by letting your body rest while this is going on... I know that NONE of us enjoy resting since our DD has forced "rest" on us so much! But hang in there, Mikie! Prayers are going up... God bless you! Let us know when you get your biopsy results...

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2012]
  11. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Praying for a good outcome. Love and light, Erika
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you so much for your good wishes and kindness. I really appreciate it. Turns out it isn't ringworm but is a fungus. I just got back from picking up the anti-fungal cream. I'll post separately so people can read about it. Just glad it isn't Lyme or Lupus as they suspected.

Talked to DD and they are still sick too. We get nauseated when we eat and just feel awful. I think I'm run down and this fungal infection is one of opportunity while my immune system is busy with whatever else we are dealing with.

With us, it's always something. Thanks again. My hugs and love to everyone.

Love, Mikie