Had my gallbladder surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hi All!
    Thanx again to all of you for your suggestions and support on my gallbladder surgery. Well---- i did it!!!!!! It is 5 days after and i still have tenderness, no diahrrea, in fact I can't even move my bowels at all. The last 5 days of recoverery were horrible. Alot of pain, nausea,tenderness, bloating, couldn't eat and couldn't even pee! I have watched so many movies and i am getting bored but still not able to do any lifting, pushing pulling or driving. I tire real easily. I go back and see my doctor Thursday but i was hoping to get back to work before then. My husband was wonderful at holding down the fort and taking real good care of me. This was the only surgery I've really had----- and I'm never going to do this again!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!
    Thanx again
    Love, Debbie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you have had such a rough time of it. The first really invasive surgery always comes as a surprise. No one can prepare you for it.

I'm just glad it's over and pray that you get to feeling better soon.

Love, Mikie
  3. kmj47

kmj47 New Member

Hi Debbie,
    Sorry to hear your having a rough time of it. It is so hard to be still for that lengh of time.Its good that you have such a supportive husband.
    Just sit back and rest for now, take advantage of the rest.
    Hang in there, sounds like your on the right road to recovery.
    Take care
    love
    kmj:)
  4. CATHYRG

CATHYRG New Member

i am so sorry your having such a hard time with recovery after yoour gallbladder surgery. this is certainly unusual. what does your doc give for a reason and a solutio to what you should do to speeed things along? i am thinking of you, cathy
  5. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Yesterday my gallbladder was acting up. I've been trying to control it with diet and was feeling pretty good, but yesterday the pain went knifing through me and I began to think about all the things people say about having the surgery done early and not waiting for it to get worse so that the surgery becomes more complicated. Still I'm stubborn and I'm going to hang on to my organs as long as I can. Actually I couldn't figure why I hurt so bad after feeling good for about a month. Then I remembered the buttered popcorn I had and the buttered corn on the cob I had and the whipped cream and well, it wasn't a mystery anymore.
    Hope you get feeling better real soon.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2003]
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi Debbie, I hope you will feel better soon. I had it done and my bowels were very sluggish after surgery, that is from the anesthesia.

Once you get on the mend, you want to watch your diet. Watch your fats and greasy things; they can give you diarrhea.

Go slow, and feel better soon.
    Michelle
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

So glad the worse is over for you!! I have'nt had this surgery but I've been thru a few(all abdominal)....and its very rough the first week or even more!! I recall the first one quite well....alot of pain at the site,tenderness,bloat,trapped gas,etc. I hated the first time getting out of bed!! its almost impossible!!!cause all the muscles have been cut into and you use your stomach
    muscles for almost everything you do!!cough???OMG! hurt?!
    Please rest alot and take the extra time needed to feel better. I know for one of my surgerys the recommended recovery was about a week.....it took me at least 2 weeks before I felt even close to back to myself~ So everyone varys,you'll know by how your body feels.....take it slow~
    Hope your better very soon. (I said the same thing after my first surgery "never again!") The ones after this were a little easier.....maybe because I knew what I was in for?? Hugs, Tracey :)
  8. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

but sorry you have to be so miserable. Each day will get better. God Bless