Had my Mammogram yesterday/updated.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Usually, they only have to do it one time.
    So I got dressed, while they were checking the film.
    That's what I get for being so Sure, that everything was going to be ok as usual.

Well, I had to undress again, so they could redo the left Breast, which, I thought was due to the film not being right or something.

When I got home, I did a check up on my self.
    Yep, there is a Lump.
    Hopefully it's just the lumps that come and go, that I used to get, untill they did a Hysterotomy, where they removed the utherus only.

So when I stopped Ovalating, the lumps quit too, one Dr. said they were called, "Functional Cysts".
    Haven't had them in almost 22 years .
    This one dosen't hurt tho, that is what bothers me.

I am already battling some weird skin lesions, so, that adds to my concern.
    But I will Trust, that once again, it will be thoes, stupid cysts.

I have some on my fingers due to OA, they are called, Digital Mucous Cyst's. Hope this is the same.

Ok feel better, now I can store it to the back of my mind, till I get that card, in 4 days saying all is ok, just like last years. ;o)

If you are all needing to have this done, you should before the end of the year, when it gets really busy,
    Mines done for a year now, yeah.

Hug's,
    sharonk
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2005]
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Bumping to keep you on top. Prayers going out to you.
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Now I might consider worrying, if I thought it would help, but it won't and thank goodness I will have the GK's today, to help take my mind off of it.
    I see the Dr. on Tuesday, I told them, that I couldn't go in Friday as I have the kids.

It's nothing, I know it, always has been in the past,
    But still, ??????????

Thanks for the Reply... Patti and the Bump louiesgirl2, I appericate it ;o]
    Hope your Holiday weekend is a Peaceful and Painfree time.
    sharonk
  4. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

I know how you feel. I am 39, found ONE lump.
    Dr said it would probably be nothing, DON'T WORRY!! How can you not do?
    Anyway had a scan. Lymph Nodes, 2 of, 6 Cysts And a begnine lump! Only went with ONE. Waiting to see what they want to do next!
    I can only ASK that you won't worry but you probably will. I just hope for a good result for you.
    Will be watching out for the positive post when you've got the results.
    LOL and Hugs
    Sandra
  5. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

There is a lump, but they are pretty sure it's not Cancer.
    Theres no pain, but I will keep an eye on it, and they want to do a follow up in a few months.
    This is so normal for me, wow. lol.
    Always a Scare, but no Big Problem, thank goodness.

Thanks to thoes who were wondering, if you were, that is, lol, lol
    have a great night.
    sharonk
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Fibrocystic breast changes: A common condition marked by benign (noncancerous) changes in breast tissue. These changes may include irregular lumps or cysts, breast discomfort, sensitive nipples, and itching. These symptoms may change throughout the menstrual cycle and usually stop after menopause. Also called benign breast disease, fibrocystic breast disease, and mammary dysplasia.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also, I think theres a possiblility it could be this, who knows for sure, since I no longer, thank goodness, have menstrual cycles. ;O]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fatty-replaced breast tissue: A term used in mammography that refers to the replacement of breast tissue with fatty tissue. This commonly occurs as a woman ages.

[This Message was Edited on 09/20/2005]