HAD MY MEDIAL BRANCH BLOCK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pammee, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Pammee

Pammee New Member

Had "medial branch block" injection to my sacral spine for my severe hip pain on Tuesday. I could only do one side since I have crappy insurance and have to pay a copay of $300 per side (I was shocked, no one had told me before hand) anyway, it's the weirdest thing. the procedure wasnm't bad at all. They gave me Versed, but I was awake and aware, I felt the needles but not even close to being unbearably painful. Just like you would think a needle in the back would feel! However, I think it would hurt worse in the cervical spine area but maybe not. Anyway, the pain in my right hip, which has been about a 9 out of 10 for months now is totally GONE. It's like a miracle really, amazing, I really didn't think it would work but it did. I can sleep on my side again yay! Now I need the other side done and wonder what about the pain I still have in my knees and feet and allover aches and flu like pains? She is 'weaning' me off vicodin, gave me rx for 3 a day where I had been taking 4, I go back in 2 weeks and she will give me rx for 2 a day, etc. till I am off them. I can't take nsaids due to past gastric bypass so what about my all over pain then? Anyway, I'm glad I had the procedure and want to hurry and get the other side done so I can start walking some. God bless you all.... Pam in GA
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

UNhappy to hear you could only get the one side done! Just curious, why is your doc weaning your off the med?
    Did you request it?
  3. Pammee

Pammee New Member

NO! I do not want off my meds. I just "lucked up" and got one of those pain mgt docs who don't "believe" in treating fibro with narcotics. I am scared. Today is day 3 of cutting down from 4 to 3 a day and I spent several hours hurting waiting till time for my 3rd pill. Now it is 3 am and I can't sleep. I don't know what else to do at this point! I actually thought of trying to buy some off the internet but wondered if it was legal or even really possible to do so, it sounds kinda sleezy, but I don't know what I will do when she gets me down to 0 and I still have pain. Thanks for responding... Pam