had SS Disabilty hearing 12/3-how long to wait?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by weencie, Jan 28, 2009.

1. weencie

weencie New Member

I am getting increasingly more anxious each day, my hearing was 12/3/8 and I still have not heard anything! Has anyone else had to wait this long? Should I call? I am really trying to be patient but as you all know this is important to me. It has been 8 weeks since yesterday. My friend (with fibro as well) went last week and the judge decided within 10 minutes to give to him! Wish I had his judge :).
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

I havent had the hearing per say just first time denial thru allsup. I have fibromyalgia, headaches, hbp, pain!!!! take pain meds and spastic bladder, swollen joints in fingers and of course no sleep unless you take meds and depression. I am in the state of Georgia i was also wondering what state you lived in?

They said i could do the job i was doing! working as a flunkie in a high end shoe and handbag store. Waiting on customers all day picking up huge boxes of shoes and picking up lots of boxes of shoes to take out to customers. Also did all the bookkeeping answering phone and accts rec accts payable.

How do they expect me to do that? they said my depression was not bad enough that i could not think for myself. they said despite pain and and discomfort you are able to move about. use arm legs and back and hands for to perform limited activities. you are able to walk, stand and move about without help you can use your hands for basic grasping and handling. able to do some lifting. blood pressure high at time it has not caused serious complications. history of stomach problem no weight loss. depressed you are able to think communicate act in your own interest and pursue normal activities.this evidence shows not other conditions which limit your ability to work.
    we have determined your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working.
    Now i have applied for part time job. Will not get it because of drug test. klonopin for sleeping and darvocet.
    So when do you get to the hearing part? i do go to a Rhuematologist next week for the first time about my joints in fingers and pain in hands swelling.
    Good luck i think they are back log that is why it is taking so long, what state is it.
    Also i am using allsup are you using anyone? Is that the third denial when you have a hearing?
    Thanks a bunch
    Good luck hope you hear soon!
  3. weencie

weencie New Member

I live in NC and had 2 denials before the hearing was scheduled. I first applied in June 2006, I waited 2 1/2 years for the hearing. I have LTD thru Metlife, they provided an attorney, of course if I win all my back pay will go to them. I also have Bipolar disorder. My atty told me I had a 60-70% chance of winning-would be much higher if I were older-I am 42. I had 3 letters from 3 different doctors saying I could not do any type of work, however, at the hearing the job expert said I could possibly do a job watching surviellence cameras! She then said that in my present condition that I could not sit long enough to do at this time. The hearing was not so bad except I was so anxious and nervous I sat and answered the questions with tears rolling down my face. I am just glad it is over with-now the waiting for the decision is another thing.
    I never heard back from SS the first two times I was denied why I was denied as you did. But I am sure it was for similiar reasons. Just hang in there- I was an accoutant who handled all of the a/p and a/r as well- I explained how the fibro fog and side effects from the meds really made it hard to concentrate and focus on my job-especially working with numbers all day. I think you have a really good chance of winning expecially with the depression added to the fibro. It sucks to have both! I wish you the best-Good Luck
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Very few judges will tell you immediately, sadly. It can take up to 90 days to hear from SS from what I've read. I've heard of some people who suddenly see a large deposit (their backpay) in their bank account before even receiving the letter telling them they've been disabled.

Did you use an att'y? If so you might want to contact him/her, as a lawyer will also be up to date as they want to get paid as well.

Also check the SS thread 'sticky' at the top of the front page, there might be some info there that might be of help to you.

all the best,