had surgery wednesday and......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Sep 27, 2002.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

you know there is always more to the story than that right??? well... I get these bad bad mouth ulcers after being intubated or "put to sleep with the breathing tube"... and occasionally I get them after dental procedures.. I think they are called apthmous mouth ulcers and they commonly occur with immunocompromised people. Do any of you get these? WHat do you do for them? I have had one so large one time after dental work that I lost the entire inside of my cheek... it just sloughed off... this time I have a big ulcer right in the inside of my lip and it growing,.... I went by my surgeon's this morning and he prescribed Magic Mouthwash... it course has to be compounded andwon't be ready til about 3..... my luck! I love~ my illness...... :) and I love ya'll too cause you people understand!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. dlizard

dlizard New Member

you know there is always more to the story than that right??? well... I get these bad bad mouth ulcers after being intubated or "put to sleep with the breathing tube"... and occasionally I get them after dental procedures.. I think they are called apthmous mouth ulcers and they commonly occur with immunocompromised people. Do any of you get these? WHat do you do for them? I have had one so large one time after dental work that I lost the entire inside of my cheek... it just sloughed off... this time I have a big ulcer right in the inside of my lip and it growing,.... I went by my surgeon's this morning and he prescribed Magic Mouthwash... it course has to be compounded andwon't be ready til about 3..... my luck! I love~ my illness...... :) and I love ya'll too cause you people understand!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Tenderlove

Tenderlove New Member

I only use my toothbrush for about 3mths and I microwave it for a minute at least once a week and then use peroxide also. New toothpaste by Rembrandt -extra whitening fluoride toothpaste formulated for canker sore sufferers. Also go get some of the acidopulus pills the kind that has to be kept in the refrigrator, to put good stuff back into system. I take about 4 a day or more if I have a breakout. Rinse your mouth out alot also. Hot salty water still is a good thing. I know it doesn't seem so great but it is. I also rinse my mouth out with peroxide during bad times. Thanks for replying back to be about nose problem but i don't understand what ana's and compliments are and how they are related to Lupus. I have been diagnosed with Fibromylgia and chronic fatigue now for about 10 years and I am no longer able to work. Been very blessed to live in Durham North Carolina where the some of the doctors willl give you serious pain medication now, so I'm on oxicontin now and adderall for energy. I don't think I could have made it without these new doctors. Please write me back with an decription of what you are talking about. I have been really sick for about 3 weeks now and running a fever, can't hardly make myself eat and look terrible my eyes are swollen and black under. My body keeps screaming something bad is going on but I can't get my medical doctor to hear me. Thanks so much for your help. Hope all these things help you. Also eat alot of yogurt and if it doesn't get better the last resort is a yeast and glutein free diet and medication to kill all the over yeast problem that is probably going on. Thanks and God Bless you I will keep you in my prayers In fact now I pray : Dear Father in Heaven I pray in Jesus name that you help out this person you know who they are and that they are in alot of pain and discomfort and need a special touch from your loving arms, please help them and their doctors to get the help they need and thank you that this person is so nice to try to help others please touch us all so we can be about Father's business and not at home in bed or on the cough alone. Amen so be it Lord!!! Hugs out from Tenderlove.