Had the gallbleadder out but had to spend the night low 02

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Sep 1, 2005.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

The doctor told me that my gallbladder was full was full of stones and sludges in it and it was the best thing to do to get it out and I shoudl feel much better now. But after the surgery I was struggeling with keeping my 02 up above78 and i just could not get the deep breaths that I needed and then my IV blew and Ihad to have another put iiin and it made my right arm hurt so bad that I almost ripped it out but I was a good gils and left it alone.
    I was moved to the medical floor for the night a 24 hour stay is what it is called. But I sure was struggeling to breathe deeply enought o keep the 02 where it sould be.And since everytime they would take me off it it would drop so I got to spend the night and idn't get much sleep iether.

To day I go t to lave by 10am and I don't hurt too much but I hve this feeling that there is som cuh pressure under my breasts from one pf the ports they used to put the gas in my belly. And since i am one of " those" people who don't do things like they should I was still ahving pain when I was breathing to night and I had some pain in my chest but I felt like my abdomen was so tight and hard as a rock that it was pushing up in teh diraphram and making it hurt to brathe and take deep breathes.

When I called the Docter around 11 pm tonight he wasnted me to come back inand be seen for it but I didn't want to go it to the ER and Every one at home as asleep adn my mom is still tired from spending most of yesterday wiht me.

I am feeling better now and the pain in my chest is really in teh rib cage and in the ribs as when I touched the my sturmen it hurts where it joins with the ribs so I could have a bit of chostochrondritis. Any way I spent the night at the hospital and came home today. MY pain in my cheast is amost gone now and I am going to go to bed soome to get some sleep inmy bed. I think the reason that my arms hurt is because I had 3 IV blow and then they had the automatice B/P cuff on me all night as well as the pulse oximiter too and I was awakeded at 7am after not sleeping well but my doctor siae I had to have one houur of having the 02 above 89 , everyting was going fine till I started to cough my dry hacking cough that reall hurts when I do it and I was givng me so much pain that I was in tears.

Bbut I spke to my doctor tonight and we tlkaed about if things got worse I was to go tothe ER and so far things have gotten better. Well I am off to bed now , I need my sleep and rst andI Don;'t want the pain to come pack So off to bed I go. I will righ tlater when I am feling better I just wanted to let you know I was OK.
    I will write later on.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    LOVe you all,
    Rosemarie
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

So glad to hear after all of that, that you are feeling a little better.

Lease