HAD THE MRI TODAY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, May 14, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I had the MRI on my hand/wrist today. I went after work at around 5:00. I didn't realize I'd have to go inside the "tunnel" for it. I had to lay on my stomach and put my wrist into another little cylinder. It took around 35 minutes. They gave me earplugs but it was still loud. I tried to relax and not get nervous about being in there for all that time. The bad part was that I had my arm in a funny position and my upper arm and shoulder were starting to hurt. Then one of the muscles towards my shoulder started twitching, and it's still twitching tonight. They said it would take 48 hours to get the results, so I guess I'll know Monday what's what. Knowing me, the results will be negative and I'll never know why I'm having such horrible pain! I mean, I don't want something very bad to be there, but I'd still like a reason as to why I'm in so much pain. Sigh...........

Annette2
  2. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Hi there. I am waiting to get insurance so that I can have an MRI on my back. My doc is convinced that I have degenerative disks. I have never had one before. I am kind of worried about it. I have problems with twitching too, and I guess that you have to stay perfectly still the whole time. We gotta do what we gotta do though right? Keep us posted on the results. I will pray for you. Take care.

Big Hugs,
    Kathryn
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I hope you can get yours done. It's weird - when we have to have something invasive done, we worry. Yet when we have something like this done, we worry too. The main thing is to not get freaked out. Try not to think about it - I tried to relax and think about other things. Basically it worked, except for when my shoulder started to hurt. Oh well, it didn't last long. I'll let you all know as soon as I get the results!

Annette2