had to be literally carried home last night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Feb 6, 2009.

  1. AuntTammie

    AuntTammie New Member

    not sure exactly what happened...had a lot of blood drawn two days ago, so I'm wondering if it's related....have been crashing a bit for the last couple of weeks, but was starting to feel a little better before the blood draw...felt bad all day yesterday (day after blood draw), but didn't want to miss my Bible study yet another time bc of this dd....managed to take a shower and thought that indicated I would be ok...started driving there and started feeling really light headed and nauseous by the time I was half way there...have had that happen before and after laying down briefly have been ok, so I thought this time would be no different

    spent the whole study laying on their couch, freezing and still feeling dizzy, but not terrible....got up to leave and suddenly felt like I wasn't getting any oxygen and was going to pass out, wound up on the floor with my legs elevated....then was carried out to my car, driven home, and carried into my apt....still having a real hard time breathing, but gradually feeling a little better....could not make my body work at all, though, and muscles were clenching into weird positions (hands were forming claws, for exp)....improved enough for them to leave (at least one friend would have stayed if I asked her to, but I felt weird about it and was not able to think clearly at that point, either, so I couldn't figure out if it was necessary, or not)

    after she left I went to sleep, but woke up having trouble breathing again....went back to sleep and woke up with a bad headache, still feeling weak and dizzy, and still not breathing right....and my muscles hurt badly from the way that they clenched up on me...having some chest pain, too

    all of these things have happened before, but never to that extent and never for such a long period of time....scary enough I thought about going to the hospital, but I already know that they wouldn't find anything
  2. dannybex

    dannybex Member

    That could be a major factor. Have you been checked for anemia?

    I can relate in a different sort of way. About 3 months ago, I felt bad, lonely, etc., as it was my birthday, and even though a friend took me out for lunch, when I came home, I was all alone. (get out the violins!)

    So, even though I KNEW I was probably too tired (my feet hurt), I didn't want to be by myself, so I went out and just started walking.

    BIG MISTAKE. I should've listened to my body.

    I walked about 8-9 blocks when my legs and knees started really bothering me. So I sat down. Then felt better, so I walked a little more. BIGGER MISTAKE. Knees really started acting up, and legs too, so I turned around and headed back.

    About 2 blocks from my apt, I thought I'd have to just stop or I'd distintegrate -- I could hardly walk at all. I had to lift up one leg with my hand, then the other one.

    So it was the worst day of my 10 years with this illness. But it was also the BEST day, because it finally got me to stop pushing and crashing (or at least pay A LOT more attention), and do a lot more resting, and in the three months my legs and knees are getting better.

    Definitely much stronger than 3-4 months ago.

    We have to respect ourselves and listen to our bodies when they're shouting STOP. REST. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST.

    Just my two cents,

  3. Forebearance

    Forebearance Member

    Oh I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you, Aunt Tammie.

    I am also pretty worried. This kind of thing has happened to other mold poisoning patients before, and they had to get out of their homes immediately. Do you have anyone you could stay with?

    I'll be thinking of you.

  4. 3gs

    3gs New Member

    So sorry for this to happen. Know how you feel especially where you live alone(me too).

    Yesterday I had kind of the same thing happen. Felt kinda weird for a few days and then started shaking,dizzy,couldnt get a deep breath,bad headache and muscle cramps. also thought about going to er but like you thought what would they do-nothing.

    today headache worse burning etc. think its the weather?

    I had to stop going to church and don't even consider bible study. sorry it went bad for you.

    prayers(its what got me thru last night)
  5. AuntTammie

    AuntTammie New Member

    ...to all who replied. I had the same thing happen again Sat eve at church, but not quite as bad....if it happens again I will probably wind up going to the Er, but I still think that they won't do anything....I am pretty sure it's related to the heart issues (diastolic cardiomyopathy) that many with CFS probably have....the ER Drs aren't going to run the test that is needed to prove that and if they want to run other heart related tests, they won't find anything....what I am trying to figure out, though, is if the blood tests caused this to be so bad this time, if (like you suggested Forbearance) it's bc of the mold, or if it's something else altogether (or some lovely combo).....anyway, it has been a scary few days & I haven't been able to do much of anything....after it happened Thurs, I went to sleep, then rested all day Friday (every time I tried to talk or stand or even sit up, I wound up feeling really bad again)....thought I was feeling a bit better Sat, went to church, and like I said pretty much had a repeat of Thurs....so I have just been taking it easy today again....I am managing to sit up to type a bit more today, but still feeling really weird...and no unfortunately there is nowhere I can go stay for awhile if it is mold
  6. greatgran

    greatgran Member

    I do hope you are doing better, but what you described would have scared me to death. I don't think its related to having your blood drawn.

    Something is going on so please go get checked out even if they don't find anything it will give you peace of mind.

    Good Luck and keep us updated,