HAD TO SEE MY RHEUMY TODAY. HE STATES FOOD DOESN'T REALLY AFFECT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Jan 29, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

HAD TO GO TO GREENVILLE TODAY TO SEE MY RHEUMY DR. HAD SUCH INTENSE PAIN IN BACK YESTERDAY ESPECIALLY WHERE THAT SPUR IS IN MY BACK. HE GAVE ME TWO SHOTS IN MY BACK JOINTS OVER MY HIPS. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL MAY BEFORE I CAN GET ANOTHER SHOT IF I NEED IT. HOPE THAT SPUR DOESN'T ACT UP BEFORE THEN. IT WAS KIND OF EARLY TO GIVE ME A SHOT TODAY, BUT HE DID IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I WAS HURTING INTENSELY. NOW MY BACK HAS STARTED FEELING A LITTLE BETTER NOW.I DIDN'T KNOW THAT TOOL MUCH OF THAT STERIOD INJECTION OR INJECTIONS COULD MESS UP YOUR HEART.
    HE TOLD ME TODAY THAT HE DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT BY WATCHING WHAT FOODS WE EAT WOULD MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN OUR FIBRO ETC. THAT MOST PEOPLE (BUT THERE ARE A FEW) WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO ANY TYPE OF GOOD FOOD. wE KNOW THAT CHOCOLATE BOTHERS SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE NUTS, AND STRAWBERRIES BOTHER OTHER PEOPLE BUT THE PERCENTAGE OF MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO GOOD FOOD.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OPINIONS ABOUT THIS?? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF FOODS BOTHER OTHER FIBRO PEOPLE.

I ALSO STARTED ON MY PROFILE TODAY BUT DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO FINISH IT. HOPE TO BE ABLE TO FINISH IT TOMORROW.

MY GRANDDAUGHTERS ARE GOING TO THEIR OTHER GRANDPARENTS TOMORROW NIGHT AND FRIDAY DAY, SO THIS WILL GIVE ME A BREAK. MY DAU-IN-LAW MAY BE IN DRUG REHAB FOR 4 OR 6 WEEKS THIS TIME. LAST TIME SHE WAS GONE 8 WEEKS BUT THAN SHE ONLY HAD THE ONE CHILD AND I HAD ALREADY BEEN TAKING CARE OF HER THEN, THIS TIME SHE HAS 2 GIRLS, MY SON GOES TO SCHOOL IN THE MORNING TILL 1PM AND PRETTY SOON HIS JOB TIME WILL BE 10PM THRU 6AM, SO HER PARENTS ARE GOING TO HELP ALLOT THIS TIME WHETHER THEY WANT TO OR NOT. LAST TIME, WHICH WAS IN OCT 2001 I DID NOT KNOW I HAD FIBRO OR AT LEAST THE SYMPTOMS WERE NOT BAD THEN. NOW THIS TIME I HAVE ALREADY BEEN DIAGNOSISED WITH FIBRO AND SHE HAS 2 GIRLS, AND ONE IS ONLY ALMOST 4 MONTHS OLD AND ITS HARD ON ME WITH MY BACK AND FIBRO AND BEING 55 YRS. OLD, FEELLING LIKE 80 SOME DAYS.SEEMS LIKE SINCE THE FIBRO WAS DIAGNOSISED, THE SYMPTOMS ARE GETTING WORSE. I HAD FOOT SURGERY IN DECEMBER(THE18TH) AND NOW MY FOOT IS GETTING INFLAMMED AND PAINFUL AGAIN. DOES HAVING FIBRO BOTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE FIBRO AND DOES IT INTERFER WITH THE HEALLING PROCESS???????.
    SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, FORGOT I HAD THEM ON. EASIER FOR ME TO READ AND TYPE.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A PAINFREE DAY. JANICE
  2. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Hi, Janice,
    I just wanted to reply to your post, I'm not sure if diet matters to FM people...I have FM/MFP,CFS,DDD,and IBS among others- IBS- and recently, I believe to have a Systemic Candida Infection. I've had a yeast inf,and thrush,and(with escalating IBS symptoms)now obvious food allergies. So I think my food(&IBS)problems are caused by Candida, not necessarily FM.
    And I know he only injects "a little" steroids into you at a time, but I think they are dangerous - for your heart, bones(osteo),healing,etc.-ask Your DR. about saline & lidocaine injections?
    And I want to add, Janice, is that You are going through a lot of stressful family things right now...Your son and his problems, your dau/in/law and her problems, those little ones around your feet!& all the things on your mind, Not to mention the PAIN you are in! Please take care of yourself, and take care of your foot, too. Yes, I've heard that we heal 'longer' or 'differently', so, soak it, or put it up, or call your DR, OK?
    I really care,
    Love from Columbia,
    Fibromiester
    ps.I'll start my profile tonight, too
  3. sybil

sybil New Member

but lots of people on here are on a wheat/dairy free diet and it works for them.

but i have CFS/FMS and i don't have candida,or irritable bowel syndrome.i am vegetarian,but keep dairy products to a minimum,mainly to control my weight.
    i think a balanced diet, plenty of fresh fruit,veg,complex carbs and a minimum of junk food,caffeine,chocolate,alcohol,makes good sense,as most of us experience weight gain and are at risk of developing cardio vascular problems.
    i don't believe in cutting out everything that makes life pleasurable,a glass of wine every now and again,the odd cup of coffee,isn't going to do severe damage..life is for living after all,

sybilxxx
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many of us are reactive hypoglycemic and need to stay away from carbs (not a bad idea for everyone).

Please do a search here on diets and you will bring up all the posts about diet. We also need to avoid tobacco, caffeine, MSG and other preservative/flavor enhancers, Neutrasweet (aspertame), and alcohol. These are all considered excitotoxins which mess with our neurons in our brains.

Most rheumies are woefully uneducated about our illnesses. In fact, most docs are very ignorant about them. Read all you can and become an equal participant in your healing.

Love, Mikie
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

see my post under reply to IBS post, just my thoughts.

warm regards,
    fibolady
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2003]
  6. pamela

pamela New Member

This one I do know the answer!!! I have FMS and have had food reactions since it all started back in 2000, but at the time I did not know what was happening. Then, when I got on this site I learned what was making me ache, fatigued, and extremely sick!!!!!! So, this is anything that ends with a "ose" like lactose (which is in most meds) dextrose (which is in Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper and cake mixes and sweet bacon and other stuff), glucose and sucrose. Glycol and Sorbitol is bad for FMS sufferers too. Stay away from potatoes all kinds, white rice, white and wheat bread, anything that is a carb or white. I know this sounds like 3/4 of food you may eat, it was me, but when I cut all this stuff out and started reading every label at the grocery store it made a world of difference!!!!!!!! No more MAJOR, fatigue and stabbing aching pain every day. No more headaches---- that no matter what you took for them did not help. So try what I wrote down and keep your sugar intake very low. I use brown sugar when I have cream of wheat. It does not bother me for some reason so I eat that at night. Basically, when you start reading all the labels at the store you will be amazed at all the stuff that has lactose, dextrose, glucose and sucrose in them. These products are not good for any body. So give it a shot!!! Hope this helps!!! Pamela P.S. READ-- READ---- READ ON FMS AND REACTIVE HYPOGLYCEMIC.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2003]
  7. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

SINCE I'M A BORDERLINE DIABETIC ANYWAY. MY SUGAR IS GONE SINCE I LOST ALL THE WEIGHT I NEEDED TOO AND ALSO MY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IS GONE TO. I'M ONLY ALLOWED 10 CARBS OR 150MG OF CARBS A DAY. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME EXAMPLES OF THE STUFF THAT YOU EAT. THANK YOU. JANICE