HAD TO TAKE GRANDSON TO DR.S APPT W/ ME????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilac123, Dec 28, 2006.

1. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

HI ALL,

I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN SUCH A LONG TIME! I CHECK IN ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE ANYMORE. JUST NOT ENOUGH ENERGY AND TIME LATELY.

I JUST HAD A DISTURBING EXPERIENCE YESTERDAY AT THE DOC'S OFFICE. I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THIS RHUEMY FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW SINCE BEING DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO AND HE HAS NEVER BEEN A REAL PERSONABLE SORT NOR HIS NURSE. I HAVE TO GO EVERY TWO MONTHS BECAUSE OF MY MEDS PROBABLY AND JUST TO CHECK IN I GUESS. BUT, YESTERDAY I HAD TO TAKE MY GRANDSON W/ ME BECAUSE I COULDN'T RESCHEDULE WITH THE HOLIDAYS AND DR. BEING GONE ETC.

THEY BOTH HAVE NEVER MADE ME FEEL REAL GOOD ANYWAY ABOUT BEING THERE BUT I JUST LEFT WITH A FUNNY FEELING. I HAD TO STOP WORKING AT HOME CARE AND WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH AND FOUGHT HARD ENOUGH TO GET MY DISABILITY.

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO TAKE MY ONE YEAR OLD GRANDSON WITH ME. I MADE IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT HAVING TO LIFT HIM BY TAKING HIM IN HIS STROLLER. I HAVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH MY LOWER BACK AND THE DOC ASKED ABOUT ME LIFTING HIM. I TOLD HIM IT HURTS WHETHER I DO SOMETHING OR NOT, AND I USUALLY TRY NOT TO LIFT HIM OR KEEP HIM VERY LONG AT A TIME. AND ALSO MENTIONED WHAT A GOOD THING HAVING HIM AROUND HAS BEEN FOR ME EMOTIONALLY AND MENTALLY, EVEN IF I'M HAVING HORRIBLE PAIN, ONE SMILE OR HUG FROM HIM CAN TAKE MY MIND OFF IT. THE PARENTS ARE YOUNG AND TRYING SO HARD TO DO GOOD SO MY HUSBAND AND I HELP AS MUCH AS WE CAN AND LOVE HAVING LITTLE ONE AROUND.

I STARTED THINKING LATER AND IT MADE ME KINDA MAD. WHY DOES THIS FIBRO HAVE TO BE A LIFE SENTENCE TO NOT DOING AND BEING? AND , CAN'T PEOPLE HAVE GRANDKIDS AND STILL BE ON DISABILITY? THAT IS NOT SAYING I COULD BE A RELIABLE PERSON TO AN EMPLOYER. I SURE WISH I COULD BECAUSE SINCE BECOMING SICK IT IS MORE STRESSFUL TO NOT WORK AND HAVE A PLACE TO BE EVERYDAY.

OK, I'M SORRY SO LONG IN WRITING AND IN CHECKING IN. JUST NEEDED TO VENT SOME I GUESS. WHOO, THANKS, I FEEL A BIT BETTER NOW!

BEST TO ALL AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS! (IT WAS AMAZING TO SEE IT THROUGH A CHILD'S EYES THIS YEAR)
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I don't think you should feel bad for taking your grandson along with you....it's just part of life. It's nice you can help out once in a while.

We are taking care of our 2 year old granddaughter for two days and nights. She is a cutie and her parents are having some alone time, which they haven't had in a long time. We are enjoying our time with our little one and she is very affectionate. So far, so good! Take care...... Terri
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It is very hard to read your post in all caps. I would love to read it but it all jumbles together.

4. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Forgot about the caps. My family, friends and I always use them in emails as it is easier for us to read.

I go back to this Rhuemy on the 17th and I'm going to try to the shots in my low back. After that I think I am going to try and switch to a Doctor I have read about who concentrates more on Fibro and keeps up with all the new clinical trials and news. Wish me luck.

Anyone have experience with the injections? HOping it helps some.

Good day,
    Lil