Had To take my Dear Husband to hospital this am at 2

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Mar 29, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

He is having surgery right now.It was his appendix hes 57 yrs old we got him in on time it did not rupture........

I have never been with out him .........I am so scared not having him home for a few nights...

He takes care of me and his 89 yr old father that lives with us.

How do you all do it if the one you love is not near you...Is away...I don't think Ill sleep tonight ether.I just hope they call me soon to tell me all is OK.

Thanks for listening
    Sue

2. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Hi Sue,

So sorry about your husband and hope he heals fast.

I know how you feel when your alone and not use to it.

When my husband wasnt home for a few days I too was scared and would find myself cleaning things around the house that I normally wouldnt do.

I hope the time pass'es fast for you and your husband comes home real soon.

I will pray for you and your husband,
    Cindy
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am sorry about your husband and hope he recovers quickly.

When my husband goes out of town I can't sleep at night. I don't sleep at night much anyway, but even back when I worked and did go to bed early I couldn't sleep. I was scared. I would stay up all night and as soon as it became light I would be able to go to sleep. I also slept with a bat beside the bed. I don't know why I was scared. We live in a safe place, but I just was. I am a little better now when he is gone. If you think you will be able to sleep better during daylight hours try that. Please don't not sleep at all though if you can help it. That will take a serious toll on your body. If you can't sleep talk to us here. Best wishes and I hope all is back to normal soon for your family.
  4. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

When I was away from my husband the first time when he had surgery, I couldn't sleep well and had to hug his pillow at night. I just wanted to crawl in bed with him and stay at the hospital with him. But I couldn't because we had three small children at the time, that needed me.

I think these separations are good sometimes because they reaffirm our love for each other. I know it wakes me up and makes me realize how much I love him.

I hope your time goes fast so he will be in your arms once again.

Halo
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

With bad news theres something wrong with his heart.There calling in a cardiologist.

I am so scared and alone.

Sue
  6. Knutt

Knutt New Member

Dear Sue,

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Sending as many positive energy thoughts as I can muster!

It is not easy, yet I hope that with those sharing we help you to not feel so alone. Your husband is in good hands, it is best that they find these things when he is iin the hospital. *******Positive Energy****

My husband is leaving today for about 14 days, his work takes him out of town, but we have several months in between these long absences. I always feel a sense of let down, as I know I will miss his company. It also means that I will have to do the farm chores, which is okay if I go slow and keep steady and do not over do it!
    At least it is not for months like some times, and he is not ill.

I am thinking of you and know that you have the strength and resiliance to sustain... Love Hazel

7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sending you warm thoughts to get you through. It must be a scary time for you. I hope you hear good news soon.

Take Care
    Kathy.
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So unexpected, isn't this? I will pray for a soon recovery for your husband and for strength and peace for you.

Blessings,
    Sue
  9. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi Sue -

I know how you feel. My husband was hospitalized last spring for several days and then was sent to a nursing home for rehab for an additional 4 days. It's very scary when your "rock" is the one who is sick.

One thing I found that was very important was that my husband make absolutely no decisions unless I was there to speak to the doctor with him (he was so doped up that he couldn't remember his own name, never mind what a particular doc suggested).

When I didn't get definitive answers soon enough - I called his primary care doctor and told her that I wanted him transferred to another hospital unless they did the appropriate diagnostic testing. She then spoke to the elusive doctor covering his floor and boy, didn't he come right up to speak with me after that!

Anesthesia, even in this day and age can be difficult to transition out of - they may have not liked his heart rhythm - or - if when they were monitoring him they had an EKG on him they may have seen a pattern that indicated a blockage.

EMT's at my level do not interpret EKG rhythms, but I do know enough about a 12-lead EKG that a good "interpreter" can see tiny, tiny abnormalities and tell you what part of the heart it's in!

It may be a good thing that they found something now - they can just go right in with a balloon and open up the blockage or give him medications to treat whatever they found.

I didn't sleep well either when DH was hospitalized - it just feels like part of you is missing. I hope he gets well soon.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hope he makes a good recovery. Glad you caught it.

Love Anne C
  11. suzetal

suzetal New Member

My husband is doing well.He will be in for a few days.

As for the heart problem nothing is going to happen yet .The cardiologist took a blood test to make sure he did not have a heart attack..........The problem he has normally shows up when someone has.....When he gets out he will be seeing the cardiologist once every 2 weeks for a few months to ensure that he will be ok.....They explained it to me but cant remember what its called...

But thank you all is going to be fine....I will be OK I have my 4 dogs who will sleep with me ......I don't know if I will get much sleep but I will try.....

I do know how to take care of me I did it for 10 yrs before I married him......That not it I do not ever want to loose the love of my life......I told him he is going to take care of himself......I am going to try and take care of me......And together we will take care of each other ....

Hugs all

Night Sue