Hair Analysis Heavy Metals how can I get this? Canada

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shanwill, Apr 11, 2007.

1. shanwill

shanwill Member

Hi,
    I am tending to think that DMPS may be too risky of a route to check for heavy metals. Does anyone know how/where I can get a hair strand test done for this? I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

Many thanks,
    Shannon
  2. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I live in Alberta, and my Naturopath does hair cell analysis.
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Hi Shannon, I'm also in Alberta and go to a herbalist at this time but I don't think he tests for hair analysis. He looks in my eyes, tongue and pulse.

Happy: Are you near Calgary? That is one cute little baby in your bio!! Perfect face.

Cindy
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

One of our members, allwxrider, has written extensive posts on this subject. You could also do a search on hair analysis as I believe there is a lot of info. here on the board. I don't know about it personally, but have read many of the posts. Hope this helps. Kim :)
  5. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

should be able to send a report to Canada...they are an international hair analysis company...that's where I get mine done and they do a very good report and not too expensive...just google them up and you'll find them...
  6. roge

roge Member

there many labs in usa to choose from (doctors data being cutler's favorite) most i think you need a healthcare practictioner to order, ie. MD, naturopath, chiropractor, ect. but there might be a few you can order direct (maybe Direct Labs?)

You would think there would be a lab in Canada , but I am not aware of any. Is there even a lab in Canada that does testing similar to doctors data or Genova? I dont think so, There is a lab here in Ottawa that does metabolic testing which I had done a few weeks ago , but it is just limited to that and then this clinic orders out all the other tests to the USA to labs like genova and doctors data.

I suppose you could also use Dr.Yasko as Richvank says she will be your ordering practictioner if you have a hard time getting one or just don't feel like actually seeing someone as I take it, you could order on line through Dr. Yasko (I am not totally sure on this)

anyway, good luck shannon and keep us posted

Peace
  7. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

direct from Sanascan...that's why i use them, no middleman...and the reports are very extensive and very good...