Hair analysis results please read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Sep 9, 2006.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All

I just thought I'd share with you that I have recently had some hair analysis results. I was diagnosed with fibro in June this year and here is what they cam eup with just from sending a sample of my hair to them for approx 15 pounds.

Chronic Epstein Barr Virus (this is common).
    Solvent accumulation (choline & xylene).
    Heavy metal accumulation (aluminium, mercury, nickel) in CNS and mycoplasma organism present.
    low serotonin, emotional stress, geopathic stress, adrenal gland exhaustion.
    Deficiencies - magnesium, malic acid, oxygen, managanese.
    pH balance disturbed - tending to be acidic.
    Allergic to - animal hair, dust, msg, tartrazine, chlorine, ammonia, silica.
    Candida present.
    Immune system under active.
    Electromagnetic microwave radiation.

Apparently with a lot of patience and strict measures I may feel no pain at all in 6 - 18 months. The advice was to take Metal chelation, chlorella, some other supplements to help with cellular communication. I have to drink vegetable juice every day and test my pH by using pH strips. This is just to start with, there will be more things to follw. I'd recommend anyone to get this test done, it's told me more than any other test.

Anyone else done this let me know.
  2. pawprints

pawprints New Member

What kind of vegetable juice?

Which company did the test?

I tested my hair for heavy metals.
  3. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

The company are going to e-mail me some recipes. Its called [web site address removed as per rules] Natures own pharmacy. They test for everything, you just send ur hair off in an envelope after filling in a questionnaire on line.

4. larryh

larryh New Member

All I find at that web site is a list of advertisments.
  5. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Oops sorry, the website is [website address removed as per rules] a it's based in south africa where i live though but there are others too.

6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

My daughter was concerned because her hair was falling out and she was tired all of the time. She had one of these hair analyses done by a local naturalist guru, and after charging her $900.00 for the tests and consultation, he proceeded to sell her over $800.00 worth of suppliments (you can only get them from him), and put her on a starvation diet that made her very sick within a week! Poor kid, she was only 25, and very naieve, and he took total advantage of her!

She learned the hard way. She'll never do that again!

People, we get desparate, but keep in mind, there are a lot of quacks out there just waiting to take advantage of our pain and suffering!
    Mini
  7. wildcat_rj

wildcat_rj New Member

Hi,
    My daughter has CFS and takes Chlorella to boost her immune system. I would like to know more about the hair exam. What kind of doctor prescribes it? What should we ask for in the exam?
    Thank you for your time in answering this
    [email address removed as per rules]
  8. elliespad

elliespad Member

We used to be very close to a friend who worked for the US Post Office. He once mentioned, years ago, that they do their drug screening by using hair analysis, because there are ways to fool the urine tests. Also, they can detect certain drugs used, much longer ago than would be indicated in the urine.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2006]
  9. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I know that you can be tested for heavy metals with a hair sample, but the rest of that stuff would not be something that would show up on hair analysis. Electromagnetic microwave radiation? I don't even know of any test for that! It sounds like a scam to me.

To each his own. If you think the treatment will help you than go for it, but the testing sounds very shady.

Take care, Sally
  10. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

They can test for things like heavy metals, drugs, illicit drugs, proteins, but all the things you mention?

I would be highly skeptical.
  11. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi,

The company name is nature's own pharmacy in South Africa. The guy does give advice and advice on products too but you don't have to buy them. I've just bought a juice machine n I have to say carrot juice was not good! But fruit juice is delicious.

I'll let everyone know if I get any results, I'm just as skeptical as you guys but it's the only thing that has made sense so far low serotonin, deficient in magnesium and malic acid, heavey metal toxicity etc. Makes sense when comes to fibro and they didnt know that was the problem so must be some sense in it. Going to try alkalising diet too.
  12. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

I am seeing a naturopath and he has told me all the same things your hair analysis revealed...low adrenals and allergies are key to this DD, and he has me on an alkalinizing diet as well. I was completely pain free for 6 weeks this summer after alkalinizing but the pain came back when I stopped alkalinizing because I did not understand that I needed to continue it for several months atleast. Needless to say, I am alkalinizing again with baking soda and water, sea salt, veggie and fruit capsules, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, and NO SUGAR or WHITE FLOUR as they are highly acidic. I use pH paper to test my urine and saliva daily. I take supplements to support my adrenals and also allergy capsules for the allergies from the health store. My naturopath says whenever allergies are activated then your adrenals neeed support...very important!!!