Hair and Eyelashes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... this seems like a very insignificant complaint compared to the majority of issues on here .. but it is really getting me down .. I had fine hair all my life but in the last 3 months I have lost a lot .. plus my eyelashes ... I know that medications can cause this .. but is anyone else out there experiencing this and found something that at least stops it ? anything information greatly appreciated !
    Fudge ... the drudge
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I have alopecia and I get bald patches every few years that take another few years to grow back in.

I would ask my doctor about this if I were you to make sure its not your meds thats causing it.

Zinc is apparently good for thinning hair although my daughter's hair falls out in handfulls and this hasnt helped her yet.

We all have little symptoms that seem insignificant fudge but when its happening to you it IS significant.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2005]
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Thank you both so much for replying to my question .. I really appreciate it .. I think it may be a combination of meds and stress ( our son just started a new job last month and he is doing so well that I'm afraid something will go wrong .. I know I stress myself out needlessly .. I just don't know how to NOT worry about something going wrong when so many things did in the last few years .. stupid eh ? ) In any case .. vilke, I am on a very low dose hormone combo .. Alese, I think it is called .. it almost keeps me on a "monthly" schedule .. except for this last month .. it went wacky .. so another indication it may be the stress I'm putting myself through .. roseibud, I'm adding a good supplement drink to what I usually take .. Greens+Energy .. it worked really well a year or so ago and I fell out of the program .. maybe that might have started the whole ball rolling .. I'm really trying everything that might get me back on track again !
    I do appreciate the input .. thank you very much !
    Fudge ( trying not to be a drudge ! haha )
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

The hormone that most helps with hair growth is testosterone.

An iron deficiency will also make your hair fall out. I didn't notice my eyelashes going, but when I was having monthly problems with heavy bleeding, my hair was falling out in handfuls. When I resolved the bleeding with endometrial abation, the hair stopped falling.

Another clue to iron deficiency is craving ice.

That's all I know. Good luck!

Francie
  5. goldielocks

goldielocks New Member

Fudge i also suffer from thinning hair.It really bothers me.My hair loks awful.Was once to my waist.now shoulder length but very thin.you can see through it so thin.I seem to have oily scalpe but dry hair so it breaks off.I wish i new what to do also.I recently started on hair vitiamins found at vitiamin world.but we wil se.I also noticed it started when i was under stress.marriage was breaking up then divorce then trying get ssi the list goes on.Please if anyone knows what to do to help let me know also.Ive been to hair salon tried it all very expensive shampoos conditioners nothin helped.This is stressfull in itself.
  6. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Awhile ago hair and eyelashes came up in conversation - and my friend who had just recently had a baby suggested using the baby shampoo/conditioner combo. I told her she was having a stupid mood.

Well, I had a stupid mood a couple of days later and tried it.

I lose drastically less amounts of hair - and with it being the no tears formula, I even wash my face with it when I shower.

I told my allergist in an almost joking way about what I was doing, and he just pretty much summed it up that even sensitive skin soaps or face cleansers can get into the pores and cause a reaction making them enlarge. Which obviously would make it easier for hair to fall out. Pretty much, he said it was an allergic reaction that is SO minimal that people rarely notice it.

So stupid mood or not, I've happily continued with my baby shampoo ;)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
  7. goldielocks

goldielocks New Member

bout the baby shampoo i may try it cuz i have mcs also and of course very thin hair it started falling out 3 years ago ty 4 info alyrdna
  8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.... this is uncanny .. just a couple of days ago I bought Johnson's Baby Shampoo for my husband because of the little itchy bumps that were developing on his scalp again ( weird allergic reactions since the Gulf ) ... I sort of thought about it for me, since I'm sensitive with a lot of things ... now I'm certainly going to give it a try !
    Thanks so much for all the responses !
    Fudge : )