hair and makeup

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glenda2, Jul 26, 2006.

1. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

how many of us still put on our makeup and fix our hair withe this dd? i always fix my hair it takes me awhile because i have to sit and rest while doing it but my makeup routine has become very little or sometimes not at all.
    just wondering who else feels like me. sometimes i just hurt to bad to care or i am just plain to tired.

glenda
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hey Glenda,

5 days a week. Ugh. Sometimes I do it on the weekend, but only if I have to go somewhere other than Wal-Mart or Safeway!

My hair is long now, down to my bra in the back. I am growing out the front now and my "bangs" are almost long enough to get behind my ear.

My hair has just enough curl that I can dry the front, mousse the back and just run my fingers through it as it dries. Then I hook the front back with a big barette and that's it. Somedays it just goes in to a clippie while it's still wet and I ignore it. Pony tails for weekends.

Make up is very simple. I only do my eyes. Shadow, liner, mascara. That's it. Weekends I might put on a pale shadow and mascara if I am going somewhere, but otherwise it is that natural girl next door look which is hard to acheive when you are 52! Good thing we don't have any close neighbors!

I no longer have my hair colored. It's been several years now. I can't stand the smell of the chemicals and DH says he doesn't think it's good to be putting that stuff on your head! So I am about 70% grey, but because my hair is fairly light it mostly looks blond. Fortunately, I like the grey!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  3. ChristineInPA

ChristineInPA New Member

Nope, gave up on all that immediately after my wedding, LOL.

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I have long hair so just brush it out or pin it back - no muss, no fuss. As for makeup, I usually wear a bit when I go out but many days (when I don't feel well) I just use lipstick. I use it on my lips & also blend a bit into my cheeks and eyelids. It gives me a bit of colour so I don't look as sick as I feel. God bless, Anne Theresa
  5. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i do as little as possible yet still try to look like i feel better when i don't. thanks for the replies
    glenda
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Most of the time, I hurt too badly to care or have no energy to fix it or put it on.

I did my hair for the first time in about 2 months yesterday. It was a chore. Been thinking about a change, but not sure what.

My bangs are finally down to my chin, so the 80"s "poof" is gone. I still color my hair blonde, but don't get perms anymore. Which means my hair does nothing but hang there in its fine and limp glory.

Even after I spend time puttin in the mousse, spraying it with hairspray, curling it, spraying it again and styling it (like in my profile pic)when I go out in the heat, the style falls out and it ends up back in a pony tail or clippie any way.

So, why bother? At least it's long enough I can pull it all up off my face and neck. If I got it cut, it would be more work. If I get it cut it will be super short, like the messy spiked look (then I could go back to my natural color)

Make-up: EYEBROWS are a MUST!!!!!

I used to be the girl that wouldn't go out of my house if my make-up wasn't on. Not these days!

If I do any makeup, it will be my eyebrows and a little lip gloss. My brows are very light and have bald spots, so I try to do them if nothing else.

Your eyebrows really change the way you look.

If I'm feeling pretty good, I do a little mascara & eyeliner.

I don't "DO" foundation in the warm weather, it just sweats off me.
  7. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i don't wear liquid foundation anymore takes to long and hurt to bad. i just use powder and blush if i am feeling goodi use liner and mascara. i just cut my hair short thinking about shorter but hubby doesn't want me to. i also don't feel like coloring my hair anymore but again hubby does not want me to be grey. his mother isn't but his wife would be lol. glenda
  8. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

you crack me up i love reading your post. do you hace a picture of you with green haie or pink ect...? i love your profile pic with your outfit but i guess i never thought you would have green hair lol. i would have to go yellow or ourole for my two favorite colors. hee hee hee
    glenda
  9. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

For me to really try and do my hair and makeup if even a little , everyday. I find that putting floweres in my hair brings a smile to my face and somehow makes me feel better. Conceler is a girls bestfriend. I was a makeup artist for years and if anything conceller really helps dark circles , blemishes, markes, vains ect.. also shimmer on the skin in lotions or powder makes the skin look great and that also makes me smile. For my wavy auburn shoulder lenghth hair color conditioners are great for a color pick up, they have it for reds , blonds, grey, brown and black. AVADA!!!!(the best I have found) the conditioner will last forever. and finally LIP GLOSS the best of all!!! makes me feel you know, better and no effert to apply. Eye drops to keep my eyes moist and heathy looking. please try putting small floweres in your hair, if you ware clips or ponie tails just stick the stem through the clip or band...they dont have to be real i get some of my fake flowere at craft stores very cheep") may everyone have a peaceful day and may u feel beautiful no mater how much pain we are in we are all beautiful even when we are feeling our worst.
    Amy
  10. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

with the fibrofog we have it is good they had wild colored hair. lol
  11. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi Glenda,

I brush my hair i don't style it and the only makeup i put on is a little pressed powder takes 2 seconds. I hurt to bad to worry about that stuff thats in the past for me.

Hey my hair is always clean and brushed thats as good as its going to get. hee-hee! Take care, Tammy.
  12. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

You're hair isn't green...is it?
    No way!

I'm with Glenda, you always crack me up!
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I just do not wear make up to much anymore I have hot flashes and it melts off.

I keep my hair straight and simple. But I am makeing my self go get it cut short and highlighted on fri. Its been months and I hope my hairdresser stays right by me till its done cause I cant take sitting to long.

If all goes ok my husband and I are going to a party sat.I havent been to a party in years. He knows I can't stay long but at least I'm going to try to go.I will even put on makeup.
  14. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I shower about 7;30 pm and shampoo. I just shape it (its short) and let it dry.

Next a.m. do makeup - foundation, blush and lipstick. Then i shape hair with hands and that's it!!!!

Feel naked without it.

For about 40 yrs. I had my hair highlighted (riginally blond) It is just too much trouble now and too much expense!

have fun with green hair

Joan

Bye - have to take shower now
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  15. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

I just moved from Avon Lake Ohio to Capo Beach CA for the pain. Hows VERMILION?
    Amy
  16. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

do my hair for sure if I am going out(I'm a hairstylist) but not always make up. There was a time I wouldn't go out without my hair and face on! lol When I go to work then I do "the works". I have to look the best I can, when you work in an industry of making people look good then YOU need to look your best too!
    Green hair, eh Prickles? One of the girls I work with sound like you. Green, red, purple, multi-colored,blue, yellow,pink, etc. Thats what she does! My boss loves it.

Raz
  17. JLH

JLH New Member

Used to do the full makeup and hair when I worked, but now--in retirement--I only do if I go out of the house.

I have short, wash-and-go hair! I wash it daily, mousse and shape it, and comb out when dry. If I'm going out, I might put 3 curls in the top with a curling iron--to give it some height--which greatly improves it. Can't hold arms up longer than 3 curls!

Makeup is now only the Jane Iredale powdered minerals (like Bare Essentials), eyebrow pencil, a little eye shadow, and lipstick. That's all I need and it takes less than 3 minutes! The loose minerals have all your foundation, concealer, powder, and sunscreen in them. Love them!!!

Janet
  18. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

Did you know that no-one can see you if you wear dark sunglasses and a hat? That's my story and it helps me cope when I have to go out but do not have enough energy to do the hair and makeup thing.
  19. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I found a method to help... I get the best short haircut possible where I can just wash my hair and it looks ok when dried.

Then makeup is fast. Moisturizer, foundation, brow pencil and mascara - quickly.

If you are really tired, get a large mirror and sit down while doing your face. If you have to curl your hair with a iron, you can also do that sitting down.

I am so used to doing this for years I don't even think about it now.
  20. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I remember the words my doctor told me as he released my from the hospital after I had just had my hyesterectomy at the age of 34. He looked at me and said this." This is waht i want you to do.GET up every morning, get dressed, do your hair and make up ,even if your not going any where. IF you get up , dress and look good you will feel better about your self."

I still try and do that to day. Some days are better than others but it is true if I get up , dressed and put my makeup on and get my hair done nice. I do feel better about myself.

HUGS ,

Rosemarie

[ advertisement ]