Hair falling out in groves

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solaris_Starr, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Good morning everyone,

My hair is falling out in groves and I'm freaking out!
    It's been happening for about a year now.

I'm finding my hair everywhere. I can't even comb my hair, they just fall out by the handfuls! Taking a shower is a nightmare.........by the time my shower is finished it looks like a cat is caught in the hair snag.

My hair is so thin now. I'm scared of going bald. Iv've spoken to my dr about it and he does not seem to be very impressed! He did some blood tests and checked my thyroid gland, they all came back fine, according to him?

Can anyone relate, any suggestions?

Thanks
    Sandy
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

mine goes through stages of falling out, then regrowing. It drives me nuts too. I will look into flax seed oil. I have long hair, but am seriously thinking of cutting it, as I always seem to have two distinct layers.
  3. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

My hair is short..............I've even cut it shorter than what's in my bio pic. Still it continues to just fall off my head like leaves falling from trees in the fall???

My hair is so thin now you can see my scalp!

I will try the flax seed indeed!!! ASAP

Thanks everyone for sounding in,

Hugs
    Sandy
  4. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Thanks I will get on that tomorrow when I see my doc.

Hugs
    Sandy
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I know exactly how you feel. My hair has been coming out for years, but now, really bad. I, like you, dread washing my hair because I just don't want to see all the hair that comes out.

It was long for years, then I had it cut up to my shoulder with 2 layers and that helped for awhile. But now, you can see my scalp in one place in the front. (can't even wear a hair piece up there, I don't think).

I've had thyroid problems for a long time but I thought the medication was to control everything. I get it checked, yes 3 and 4, every 6 months.

Good luck with the flax; I'm even afraid of that, being on synthroid.

BlueSky555