Hair Loss FM ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aka1977, Apr 27, 2007.

1. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

Hey All,

I had posted a week or so back about hair loss, and my doctor tried to pin it all on my thyroid, well my thyroid is fine,I know fm can play a part but I was wondering. I got my lab results back today from her which she said were normal. But theres this test on there she ran Ferritin mine was at 15.1, now I was doing some checking isn't that low, considering my hair is falling out in clumps, I have restless legs all the time, chest pain, shortness of breath alot, and racing heart to where I think its going to beat out of my chest and I will be just sitting doing nothing, cold all the time, irregular periods, heavy periods, moody, headaches. What are normal levels. Amd how much Iron should a 30 year old woman get per day? Do you think I need a iron supplement? Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks
    aka1977
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

I'm 35 and about 7 or 8 years ago I began having hairloss issues. I have thyroid problems as well, but I take medecine so that wasn't the problem. My hair would come out in clumps. Over the years I have seen less coming out, except in the shower, luckily I have thick hair so it was ok to lose some. I'd like to know if its fibro related to. I did not know I had fibro then, but some of my symptoms had begun before that point.

God Bless
  3. Exfa

Exfa New Member

I too have been losing a LOT of hair......had everything checked via bloodwork....no thyroid problems....no hormone imbalances etc....all bloodwork came back normal. I have had FM for about 15 yrs. I used to have very thick curly hair...now my hair is thin and has no life at all...very flat. None of the voluminizing hair products work for me either. I just don't know what to think. Exfa
  4. olivian

olivian New Member

hi aka...hair loss and slow growth was a big problem for me too. I think lots of things can cause it. I thought it was FMS but found out I had high blood levels of calcium which are caused by the hyperparathyroidism. It is one of the symptoms of this. You can check out the symptoms at parathyroid.com. Good luck