Hair Loss & What Helped Mine

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by hangininthere, Jul 5, 2017.

1. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

For years, taking Kelp pills to boost my thyroid level stopped my hair loss.

But then that stopped working for my hair loss.

After a couple of years of stray hairs all over my clothes and inside car, I just recently ran into an article online about oils in hair products clogging the hair follicles and causing hair loss.

I was using an oil based soap and shampoo (Dr. Bronner's Unscented Liquid Soap) that is made mostly of different kinds of oils. And hair conditioner after shampooing.

Other shampoos and hair conditioners block hair follicles too. My hair first started falling out when I was using Suave Coconut Shampoo and a wash-in and rinse conditioner, before switching to the Dr. Bronner's.

Stopped using those on my hair, switching to Head & Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo instead, thinking it would clean my scalp real good, and Voila - after several weeks, no more fallen out stray hairs all over.

For a hair conditioner after shampoo, I now use a leave-in conditioner on towel-dried hair and don't rub it into my scalp but just through my hair.

P.S. I read that dry shampoos can also clog the hair follicles and make the hair fall out. I tried using talcum powder or cornstarch powder as a dry shampoo occasionally, but they can clog the follicles, so won't use them anymore.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. Michealjones

Michealjones Member

I tried Tree ketchup oil as i don't get online my friend brought it for me from India. The results are amazing and you can check my profile picture.
    Carrybean likes this.
  3. Carrybean

Carrybean Member

I even didn't heard about this to protect hair. I would like to try. lol
    Michealjones likes this.
  4. Michealjones

Michealjones Member

Sure... You should try it is really effective...
  5. Bernardrichii

Bernardrichii Member

I too had a severe hair loss due to dandruff and my sister too has slow down in growth, quite drastically actually, thinning, breakage and more split end due to thyroid.So doctor suggested us to use
    FOLLIONE TO HELP WITH HAIR LOSS & MAXIMISE GROWTH.The anti-hair loss shampoo stimulates hair growth and helps in preventing hair loss. It's also said to help with an itchy, flaking scalp.So you must try this shampoo too for good result.
  6. anajoy

anajoy Member

I too had lots of hair loss problems but then i started using a treatment, Petrolium Regenerating Lotion, you just massage the scalp, keep it for at least 30 min and then wash your hair. It works for me very well.
  7. minavos

minavos Member

do you have pictures with before and after?

[ advertisement ]