HAIR LOSS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crafts1234, Nov 17, 2006.

1. crafts1234

crafts1234 Member

Hi all, I read recently where someone was using Flax Seed for hair loss and they said not only did it stop the hair loss when they were using it, but their hair got thicker as well.
    I began losing my hair about two months before my son died and the doctor said it was from stress which I accept. Unfortunately it seems to be worse and the really, really thick hair that I had all my life is now so thin in areas I'm bald. I also read that Fibro causes hair loss so I guess a combination of stress and Fibro must be causing mine. I have been using the Flax Seed and it helps a little, but unlike the lady that suggested it my hair is not growing back at all. I'm almost more stressed about it not growing back as I am about the loss.
    Do any of you have this problem and if so do you all have any solutions, I'm willing to try anything at this time.
    I sincerely Pray all of you are as well as can be expected considering all we go through.

Have A Blessed Day
    Mary/crafts1234
  2. LFun

LFun New Member

HI Mary, I have had some hair loss, but not too much for me to stress over. Of course some days are worse than others. I haven't heard of using Flax seed. Sorry to hear it doesn't work and no, I haven't tried to do anything about the hair loss issue to offer advice. Hope you find something that works for you. Take care and have a fantastic day! Lisa
  3. crafts1234

crafts1234 Member

Thank you for your response. I just read where it can be caused by thyroid and I have that problem, but stopped taking meds. because of money and no insurance. I just may have to find the money and get my pills. Thanks you again for the response.
    Mary
  4. crafts1234

crafts1234 Member

Thank you for your response. I just read where it can be caused by thyroid and I have that problem, but stopped taking meds. because of money and no insurance. I just may have to find the money and get my pills. Thanks you again for the response.
    Mary
  5. crafts1234

crafts1234 Member

Mary
  6. cct

cct Member

Following are exerpts from an article written by Linda Knittel titled "Research Report: Halt Hair Loss":

"Stress, vitamin deficiencies, lifestyle choices, illness, and drug side effects can contribute to hair loss."

"Results form a number of studies suggest the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) - a process that occurs in both men and women - is the root of hair loss . . . ."

" . . .with age, the protective mechanisms shut off, allowing DHT to shrink hair follicles and cause permanent hair loss . . "

"Luckily, some herbs, plant compounds, and nutrients can supress DHT formation . . . "

"Zinc also appears to prevent DHT formation . . "

" . .the B vitamin biotin can help keep hair strong and healthy and may even help prevent hair loss."

". . .eating commercially produced meats and dairy products can contribute unwanted hormones to a problem that involves hormone imbalance. . "

Then the article goes on to provide an essential oil formula for hair loss reduction:

Do a 2 minute nightly scalp massage using a blend of:

2 drops Cedarwood
    3 drops Lavender
    3 drops Rosemary
    2 drops Thyme
    1/2 tsp. Jojoba oil
    4 tsp. Grapeseed Oil
  7. cct

cct Member

8. millennia

millennia New Member

I had this problem not that long ago and someone on the boards had mentioned that their hair stopped falling out after they started drinking Apple cider vinegar (you have to get the good stuff with the "mother"). I started drinking a spoonful or so a day, mixed with a little water and after about three days my hair stopped falling out. I'm pretty sure it's growing back too. I thankfully didn't have any bald spots yet, so I can't see it growing, but I can feel little hairs coming in all over my head. It feels weird, not like normal.

Another suggestion, if it is stress causing your hair to fall out, from what I read that it because stress depletes the body of vitamin B and vitamin B deficiency causes hair loss. I can't remember which B specifically, but a good B complex might help you a lot.

Where do you live? Have you looked in gov't health insurance programs? I didn't think I'd qualify, but I finally applied and I did! Now I have free insurance through the gov't. If not gov't insurance, then go to the website of each prescription company, many have programs for people who can't afford the prescription.