Hair on Chin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Aug 30, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Do any of you have this. I'm sure you do but how do you deal with it. I called about laser treatments and they said if the hair is white (which it is-how did I become this person?) laser won't work on it.

I have to pluck everyday if I go anyplace. I put cream on it first-that takes the soft hairs off and then I have to pluck the rest. Cream won't dent them. This is very embarrassing to me. I keep up with it and don't dare let it grow but it is getting harder and harder.

Hairy Donna
  2. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Unfortunately I have hair on my chin and upper lip. I get mine waxed. The hair stays gone longer and becomes less coarse.

I have been doing this on my upper lip much longer than my chin. I can definitely say that the hair is much more soft and fine.

My beautician said if I waxed that would happen. I know it did with my upper lip. She also said shaving was the worst thing do because it would make the hair much more coarse and bristly.

I know, sometimes we get desperate to get rid of them and can't wait. :)
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

It has been around for a long long time and has a proven safety record and I know for a fact it works. Ask your doc, friends etc for a recommendation. I had considerable work done years ago and have never regretted it, especially now that taking care of my apprearance is just about a non event.

Excessive tweezing can cause skin damage.

Laser has no proven track record and as far as Im concerned it is still in the experimental stages and the consumer is paying to be the guinny pig.

We have no idea what all those laser treatments will do to the skin cells long term. Docs love it cuz its a big cash cow and no insurance is involved. I have a lot of ??? about a doc who goes to medical school and then settles for this big cash cow to make a living. Doesnt say a lot about their character.

Shaving??? it does not cause the hair to get coarser. Its just seems that way cuz you are cutting the hair off at the fattest place, next to the skin, and then when it grows out it no longer has that soft taper but the fat blunt end.

If I pluck or wax I wind up with nothing but ingrowns because of the damage done to the skin and then my hair cant break thru so it find its own new course. Yikes!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2005]
  4. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Thanks.
  5. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I have hair on my chin too. I pluck them out. The problem is since my cataract surgery, I can't see up close. I have to wear my glasses and use a magnifying mirror.

I may try waxing if it makes the hair less coarse and lighter. I wonder how much it costs?

BxGirl
  6. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

mine started several years ago. they are dark and course, some are turning white. i, too tweeze everyday and the little bumps that stick up drive me crazy. i always have red bumps on my neck right under my chin. argggg
  7. jake123

jake123 New Member

I shower every day so I just shave it every day. Just that one little place on the left side of my chin and one place on my neck.
    My dermatologist's nurse had a hysterectomy at 23 and she's 36 now, she's been doing it ever since.
  8. msthang

msthang New Member

boy do i have hair on my chin. i am only 20 and have had this problem for quite a few years now. i think sick i was 17 maybe before then. i come from a very hairy family so i blame it heredity. but its gets worse with time sometimes i even get a few on my chin. its very weird. and nair dosent work for me eaither. i pluck as well. seems like they come back over night. my grandmother says its your beauty. lol but i dont believe that!
  9. chickadee

chickadee New Member

treatments for the hair on my face several years ago.
    I still have a couple hairs that pop up every once in awhile but I just tweeze them out.

After menopause, the hair on my face turned from fine to very dark and very corse (just like a man's facial hair). The technician that did mine (under a doctor's supervision) told me that hair grows in cycles so I would need a course of treatments every six weeks until I had at least 3. They also told me that it would not work on white or blond hair.

When I went back for the third treatment, they had a new laser machine which was cooler (didn't turn my skin red like the old one had) and would work on blond or white hair.
    Or so the technician said.

It would absolutely be worth checking with someone else to find someone with equipment that will remove light colored hair permanently.

This is absolutely the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I only wish they could use it to clean up my eyebrows. Said they couldn't use it that close to my eyes.

Peace,
    Chickadee
  10. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I get those thick, course ones on my upper lip, chin and neck and tweezing has caused me some problems.

I intend to get some laser, or electrolysis, as Ijust don't have the energy to deal with this.

With all the other problems, I don't have the energy.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Emjoi makes a very gentle epilator which looks like an electric razor. It has rows of tiny tweezer heads which spin. As they reach the edge of the unit, they close. This allows tweezing over a larger area.

I use one for my legs and underarms (different model) and it keeps the area hair free for weeks. It grows back much much softer over time. I try to do it every week because hair grows at different rates and that way, I'm only removing about 1/3 of the hair at a time.

Like waxing or tweezing, though, this can leave sensitive skin bumpy or cause ingrown hairs.

Love, Mikie
  12. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I pay $5 to have my chin waxed--I really need it weekly. I can't see really well to tweeze any more.

A few sometimes come in between waxes, but I can see well enough to pluck those out.

Once a month I get my chin, eyebrows and upper lip waxed too.Its $15 for the whole job.
  13. achy

achy New Member

I take asthma meds that cause excessive hair growth. Drives me nuts!! I do my lip and chin but it takes so much time and energy.

I guess it could be worse...
    achy
  14. over50

over50 New Member

I have a white one on the left and a black one on the right side of chin. I pluck those babies when I think about it.
    Sometimes you can get the plug and it wont come back.
    And I have been noticing longer hair in my nose..oh,my God.
    So I use one of those little shave things with a battery.
    I want something nice and beautiful to happen to me,well,for all of us.We deserve a nice treat.
    Wishing for all
    Linda
  15. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Hi Donna, I have hair on my lip, chin ect for years.

I have tried it all, waxing...hurts like hell and takes off the first layer of skin, I always got blister like bumps after waxing, no matter who did it.

Tried electrollis, hurt and did not see any hair really gone after a year of going every two weeks.

Tried lasor, does work on dark hair but not white ones, which I also have now. And it is a LONG process and expensive.

so for now I just tweeze and hate it.

rrsbaby

16. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

ive tweezed waxed electrolisis shaved and lasered. none are permanent. i spent thousands and am still hairy im a redhead and they say the lasers dont work on red hairs either. i am parinoid i like my face to feel smooth i think the electrolisis was so paionful because of fibro it sent shocks down my legs but i did it for months. im hoping they invent something soon.