Hairs Falling Out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by levis, Aug 17, 2006.

1. levis

levis New Member

Hello hope everyones ok out there- i havent posted for some time actually.

A bit worried as i've noticed i'm loosing alot of hair on the top. It's always been thin but got quite worse.
    I think maybe it could be the fact that i haven't taken my iron tablets for a good year. I chose not to do this as i believe that i am eating an healthy diet enough fruit and veg etc.

Another problem i have is the muscle in both hands (inside) near the thumbs is really causing me severe pain. Does anyone else have this???

Finally my periods have gotten worse and mid cycle my lower stomach is so swollen and discented. So as you can imagine i'm really not a happy bunnny.
    Due to this problem and the fact that its worse i have been referred to go and see a Gynacologist.
    Will keep you posted- just interested to see if anyone else out there is experiencing this or anything similar!!!

Thanks
    Love Levis
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Have you had your thyroid levels check recently?

A big sign of hypothyroidism is hair falling out.

Just a thought.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  3. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

Hi Levis,
    I agree, I would definitely have your thyroid levels checked, and checked again. I went years with losing hair, very dry skin, weight gain, pain in muscles, etc. After being admitted to the hospital thinking I was having a heartattack, they did blood work and found my thyroid had shut down. They put me on Levothroid and monitored me closely for years, but now I am at 200 mcg and I am finally feeling better that way. Now it is just the fibro.
    If it is thyroid, don't get disappointed at not feeling better right away. The meds take time. But eventually it will get better.
    Take care.
    Noreen
  4. levis

levis New Member

Hi Thanks for the advice Stephanie.

We sound very similar with what we are going through.

I am 28 and have been with my wonderful partner for 7 years we are planning on getting hitched next year.

I to found it very difficult to actually carry out a full time job without getting shattered.
    Now i am looking for full time work.

Nice of you getting in touch

Thanks Levis

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx