Hairy Tongue or Black Hairy Tongue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monom, Oct 8, 2002.

1. monom

monom Member

I have had this kind of tongue for several years.I have been told it is not yeast infection and the drs keep ignoring me,but one Dentist
    told me this is a black hairy tongue and another dentist called it hairy tongue.The last dentist was very worried about it and wanted me to get help and I am too tired and do not know where to go.I live in southern California,Orange county
    Can anybody advise me please or know something about it?
    Thank you so much
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2002]
  2. monom

monom Member

I have had this kind of tongue for several years.I have been told it is not yeast infection and the drs keep ignoring me,but one Dentist
    told me this is a black hairy tongue and another dentist called it hairy tongue.The last dentist was very worried about it and wanted me to get help and I am too tired and do not know where to go.I live in southern California,Orange county
    Can anybody advise me please or know something about it?
    Thank you so much
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2002]
  3. RachelLeah

RachelLeah New Member

I get black tongue whenever I diet, throw up, or don't get enough to eat. My doctor told me to take Lactobacillus. You can get it at a health store. It takes my black tongue away that same day I take it. I take two pills right away and then one for a few days after. Hope that helps.
  4. dleaning

dleaning New Member

because I have it and it drives me crazy!!! I also have this bitter or sour taste too!! Any suggestions??

Dawn
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

The only time I got a black tongue is when I took Pepto Bismal

Any similar ingredient in Pepto and what you are eating?
  6. WendyC

WendyC New Member

so that you can be treated. I must say that black hairy tongue sounds like yeast overgrowth. Take probiotics, organic coconut oil (tropical solutions), cut out all sugars and white flour. It takes a good amount of time (months or a year) to correct.

wendyc
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I had this years ago and was told it was amold called Farmers lung that came from mouldy hay on our farm.

I took Nystatin melting on tongue lozenges and it cleared up.

I hope you get the same relief if you are able to try this.

Love Anne Cromwell
  8. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

my husband had this years ago. and he was too embarrassed to tell anyone, even me.

I had to go to the Dr.'s and my husband went with me, Dr. said to my husband that it has been a long time since check up and started check up on the spot. That is when the Dr. saw it.

Dr. did biopsy right there on the spot. came back no cancer. Dr. expained that he needed to use a tounge scrapper to clean area everyday. he was put on antibotics, was told to brush his tounge w/regular toothpaste.

It took a couple of months for all of it to go away. It never came back.

Please go back to the Dr. even if you have to print out info from the internet about this.

Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Cin