Hairy tounge

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissRachel, Aug 25, 2003.

1. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi All,

Has anyone had what is termed "Hairy Tounge"? I did a bit of research on the internet and its cause seems unknow. My tounge is dark brown (but not hairy, so to say) and looks like I just suck on a piece of chocolate. I had this once before and it slowly went away with bushing it and mouth wash, but it's back again, just like that, no slow progression. I am wondering if it is a sign of a defficency or allergy? It doesn't hurt and no different taste or smell.
    I drink a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and smoke, but my search did say it wasn't a sign of cancer.
    Any ideas?

Rachel
  2. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I do know that some meds with cause a hairy toungue...a side effect. Maybe research the meds you are taking...if you are taking any and see if this is caused by them. Love, Hippen
  3. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

Have had the thick white coating. I had it for years & thought it was from corticosteroids until an accupuncturist had me eliminate some foods from my diet. For me, the culprit appears to be dairy, as that is the only thing I've yet to add back, and the coating all but disappeared. (It's been 4 years now.) I think that I'd be completely "in the pink" if I could succeed at eliminating wheat, too. Just me.