haleycole re trigger points

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1faith, Nov 15, 2006.

1. 1faith

1faith New Member

I know you've heard it all by now, but this is still embarrassing! I'm having rectal pain/spasms-are there trigger points to relieve that-if so, where and how? Thanks!!
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i sometimes suffer myself with this.i use a tennisball on the wall the trigger point is right at the top of your butt a little between your crack sorry to be so graphic. i also find that sitting in a hard chair with my legs spread apart that bending forward and holding it there for about 10min also releases this. hope this helps charlene
  3. 1faith

1faith New Member

Thanks you guys-I'm relieved in a way to know I'm not the only one whose got a pain in the a**. I will try the tennis ball immediately!!!
    Not only are there spasms, but my butt is literally sore-and the pain when I get up from a sitting position is terrible. I move like an old lady with hemorrhoids!!!
  4. 1faith

1faith New Member

Thanks haleycole-
    Another "sore" spot just where nanjee wrote-maybe this will stop the pain in the a**!
  5. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

I have CPPS. Some think it is a form of FM. This will be graphic, turn away if you must! CPPS is a guy thing. There is a different name for it when women get it, but it's the same basic problem - trigger points. But I am a man and that's what I know about.

There's a book called Headache in the Pelvis by David Wise and Rodney Anderson that lays out what has become the best protocol for treatment. Before this, men just suffered in silence. And it's amazing how many have this syndrome. It usually comes with urinary and ejaculation problems as well.

I have pain in my penis, rectum, and the perineum between. It tends to be OK in the morning and then builds up during the afternoon and by evening I'm on meds.

SITTING MAKES IT MUCH WORSE. I can't sit at all, except on pads that leave a couple inches free in the middle, but the real problem with sitting is that it irritates the muscles that have the trigger points. The worst thing is trying to sit on a heating pad, which masks the discomfort while injuring the muscle.

The treatment is
    -trigger point massage by a trained physical therapist, who can teach you to do it yourself as well
    -relaxation and anxiety control. I carry my tension in my pelvic muscles and that has to stop
    -stretching

It is almost impossible to control if you don't become a master of relaxation. I spend 2 hours a day on my bed with CDs. I've been curious why there isn't more emphasis on relaxation here for FM. If you have male CPPS trigger points, you've almost certainly caused it by anxiety.

Clay (CFS, CPPS, PTSD)
  6. 1faith

1faith New Member

I do seem to stay tense most of the time. How do you stretch the muscles in that area? Lunges? Doing the stretch Charlenef described?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

YOU CAN LAY FLAT ON THE BED AND PULL ONE LEG AT AT A TIME UP TO YOU CHEST AND HOLD FOR ABOUT 10 SEC THEN CROSS ONE LEG OVER THE OTHER AND BEND THE LEG UNDERNETH UP GRAB BOTH LEGS AND PULL TOWARD YOUR CHEST YOUR BUTT SHOULD BE OFF THE BED HOLD FOR 10 SEC THEN DO IT ON THE OTHER SIDE LUNGES ALSO HELP BUT I JUST DO 1 AND HOLD IT ON EACH SIDE I HOPE I WAS CLEAR IF NOT POST AGAIN GOOD LUCK CHARLENE
  8. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

Faith, I just do all the stretches I'm told. I've not yet been able to sort out which are for what pains, sorry.

[ advertisement ]