Halloween and FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by akandmk, Oct 30, 2008.

1. akandmk

akandmk New Member

Tomorrow is Halloween and I am going to try to brave it and take my ten year old out trick or treating for a little while. I've explained to him that mommy may get tired or start hurting and we may have to cut it short. So what I have planned as a back up is i've bought a lot of extra candy and We are going to have snacks, and we're going to watch some good movies after our little jaunt tomorrow. Wish me luck all and for all of you that have FM/ME with children or even having to hand out candy I wish you all the best too.
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I have 4 little ones & have been stressing as well. Turns out the past few days have been horrible! Last year halloween I was so sick I was in hospital. You have a great plan! Have a good time.
  3. akandmk

akandmk New Member

I've also been coming up with a plan for thanksgiving too. I don't know if my husband will have to work or not but i am going to have my kids help me in the kitchen so that it isn't as overwhelming to me. Good luck with tomorrow. Just remember to let the kids know ahead of time that mommy may start hurting and get tired, and that back up candy and snacks will take their minds off it.
  4. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I have 7 little ones, yes seven (ages 4 to 11) DH and I had been telling the kids we would take them to Six Flags for months now and now I'm in a flare. I'm sure we are still going to go and I'm just going to tough it out, I'm going to take what ever I can for energy and pain before hand.
  5. akandmk

akandmk New Member

Oh gee that is horrible. I want to take my kids to disney world in the spring but i am afraid that i am going to end up in a flare from all of the people and sounds and stuff. That would really be tough. Let the DH know that you may need to sit down often and the pace will be set on SLOW! And I know although you don't feel good you don't want to rain on their parade either. I do that all the time and when my DH and kids see that i am hurting they normally pull the reigns in and tell me it is alright to cut whatever short because they don't want me to hurt more.
  6. Kenderyl

Kenderyl New Member

I'm dreading trick-or-treating in the cold tomorrow night. We're forecasted to get wind and rain and the temps are going to be in the low 40's. My joints ache so bad in the cold, and the walking/stopping/standing/walking while being pulled on from the 7 yr old who wants you to walk faster.....all things to make me even more sore. But, like a trooper, I'm going to go out and do it anyway. Saturday however, I'm vegetating in my home next to the fireplace with a cup of tea and a very warm blanket...and drugs. LOL
  7. mom2many

mom2many New Member

DH is great when he knows I've had enough, I have had FM seams like forever, well at least 10-15 years (Got DX when my 1st was just a baby) and DH knows I can't do much most days. Bad thing is a I have MCS also so if there is a lot of people I'll be "hit" by smells left and right and we will have to leave before my reactions get awful.
  8. luvtusew

luvtusew New Member

I often use a wheelchair for those long outings. I am also able to let my little grandaughter ride with me also. I know six flags is ALOT of walking and standing but as mothers and grandmothers we often "Stick it out". Then pay the next day or three!!

If you do not have a wheelchair, there is a place called Harbor Freight in Huntington Beach that sells them for $100. Even cheaper when they go on sale. Or you might consider renting one from Six Flags.

Have fun with your family. After all that is what matters.
    Good luck,