Halloween Candy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Has anyone bought their halloween candy yet?,,,,,,This year i'm trying to be good and wait until the last week of October to buy it!

Why~~~~lolol! well because i'll eat a piece or 2 everyday ,,,and then i'll have to buy another bag for the Kids!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Also thoes little candy corn candies,,,,,,havn't even bought them yet!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,love handing out candy to the kids in the Neighborhood,,,,,,,especialy the little ones!
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I almost have to literally wait till the night before...I can not keep candy in this house....I make treat for the kids and I have to make sure the older boys take it up stairs to their room so that I can't get my hands on them!! give me strength please!!!!!

love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2007]
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Also if we wait long enough they will drop the prices again before Halloween and the bags of Chocolate candy will be irresistable right?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lolo!
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Ha! so DH is trying to pull the wool over your eyes!,,,,lolol,,,Funny!
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Well,,,,,It's difficult but had to learn portion control the hard way!,,,,,,lolol! The sugar high and the Blood sugar hike has to be delt with!,,,,,,What's your favorite candy?
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Good choice Georgia! I have to admit that the new Snickers Dark Chocolate Bar has been calling my name!,,,lol,,,,,I'm sorry to hear of the Sciatica Pain !,,,,,,Are you useing a Heating pad?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cheryl,,,,,Have agree with your last post! i can see myself being way tooo happy with chocolate as a pain reliever!
  7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Where I live in the country, I have never had one treater.

I used to make treat bags for the kids, nieces and nephews, but they are all getting to old.
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

the single serving box of cereal...like corn pops and apple jacks...my dad never bought sugar cereal...then if we opened up a new box before the old box cheerio's or raisian bran was used up he would mix them together..

so as candy goes...i give out the chewiest pieces of candy that takes off crowns and sucks off those fillings...just kidding...

i love caramel..so tip suck on those don't chew they can take that crown or filling out of your mouth...

but i w/have to get some candy this year i wait usually day of and get the candy...

i learned years ago i would that up before halloween.

9. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for sharing your Halloween candy stories!,,,,,,if you live in the country you can actualy save money on Halloween,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Mom used to make Homemade PopCorn,,,,Balls!,,,,,,and cookies,,,,!,,But we did get to go to town and trick or treat sometimes!

Jodi,,,,,hey that's a great idea to give out single serv cereal Boxes! funny what your Dad did to mix the used ones togeather (Good Idea!) ,,,,,Are you talkin' about the sugar Daddy Caramel suckers ,,,,,,,,,soooo good but yes can get stuck to the dental work!

Molly~ I Know Exactly what your talkin about! the older kids always come later around here! (So Greedy!)!,,,I'm glad that you give the little kids in your neighborhood ,,,,,Bags of candy! ,,,,

Most of the parents around here come with the little ones so,,,,,at,,,,about 8:pm i turn the lights off,,,,,,Good stratagie Molly!
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I still buy the full size candy bars. I get them at costco. I always buy too many and have left overs because we really don't get many kids. We eat a lot of them too!!!

This year my granddaughter will be with us on Halloween!! I'm so exited! The first time I get to see her in person in her costume instead of in a picture!!!

11. sisland

sisland New Member

How old is your Grand Daughter again? won't it be fun to see her all dressed up! i saw the photo of her in your profile ,,,,What a cutie!,,,,,,How nice of you to give out the big bars!,,,,,,,

i just get the miniture ones ,,,,I do live in town so it's about 50 kids that come by usually,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i was thinking about getting thoes little boxes of raisons,,,,,,,,or gum maybe,,,,anyway have to get on it!