Halloween night ouch!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Oct 31, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

My hubby suggested I stay home and pass out candy to all those little witches and goblins. I insisted taking my kids trick or treating alone with him. OUCH!!!!!!! I'm such a hard head. I couldn't believe as cold as it was my feet were on fire, like I had just walked on hot coals. My legs are "crusing" me for not listening to my hubby. I just feel that I have lost so much of myself this past year that as long as I am capable of doing this with or for my kids then it's worth the conquences I must face the next day or two. I just love my boys so much and I want to be a part of their daily activities as long as I can. I feel there may come a day in which I'm not capable. I am seriously thinking of purchasing a walking cane or crutch for the days I'm not able to walk without pain. It's getting to where I'm afraid to go any where by myself like the grocery store, or just walking around the block. I never know when my legs might give out. This is so discouraging. It's not fair. I'm only 33. My 2 oldest boys are teens so they don't "need" mom as much as they use to but the other 2 boys are only 8 and 6. OOOPPPsss!! I kind of got off the subject of my post. It's just that this affects many aspects of my life as you all are aware of. I just don't want to give up and stop my "motherly" duties before I have too! I've always been the one to go and do for those boys and I feel guilty for not being able to do as much as I use too. The quilt I feel far exceeds the pain I must endure.

Hope you all had a great Halloween,
    Crissie
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

My hubby suggested I stay home and pass out candy to all those little witches and goblins. I insisted taking my kids trick or treating alone with him. OUCH!!!!!!! I'm such a hard head. I couldn't believe as cold as it was my feet were on fire, like I had just walked on hot coals. My legs are "crusing" me for not listening to my hubby. I just feel that I have lost so much of myself this past year that as long as I am capable of doing this with or for my kids then it's worth the conquences I must face the next day or two. I just love my boys so much and I want to be a part of their daily activities as long as I can. I feel there may come a day in which I'm not capable. I am seriously thinking of purchasing a walking cane or crutch for the days I'm not able to walk without pain. It's getting to where I'm afraid to go any where by myself like the grocery store, or just walking around the block. I never know when my legs might give out. This is so discouraging. It's not fair. I'm only 33. My 2 oldest boys are teens so they don't "need" mom as much as they use to but the other 2 boys are only 8 and 6. OOOPPPsss!! I kind of got off the subject of my post. It's just that this affects many aspects of my life as you all are aware of. I just don't want to give up and stop my "motherly" duties before I have too! I've always been the one to go and do for those boys and I feel guilty for not being able to do as much as I use too. The quilt I feel far exceeds the pain I must endure.

Hope you all had a great Halloween,
    Crissie
  3. SaraD

SaraD New Member

Hi Crissie, I totally hear you. I am 29 and have 4 children as well. Alot of times I get so angry at myself for all the things I just can't seem to do, or force myself to do and pay the consequences later. And when I suffer from it I try to keep it to myself because I hate complaining. There are times I don't even go out with the kids when they beg me, because it's just to cold for me, I am so sensitive to the cold weather (and we are in Maine too). I can think of many times when my husband will take the kids for a walk or hike and I just stay home. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone!!!
    Sarad
  4. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

I also took my two oldest out last night. I live in canada so it is very cold here to. It was hard but, i love taking them, and will do so as long as i can . hope you the best stephanie.
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Crissie,
    I insist on taking my little ones out for trick or treating!!!I had a couple relatives offer to bring them so I could stay home.....I stay home enough!! I will make myself bring them as long as i'm able.I may be extra sore for a day or two...(so far so good!!)but I love the holidays and my children need me to be there for them~Its worth the possible aches!!!
    Happy haunting!!
    Tracey