Hand and Feet Ache

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellbear, Feb 8, 2003.

1. kellbear

kellbear New Member

Hello everyone. I had a good evening last night. Actually went out with DH to Home Depot to look for stuff to make my craft table with. I felt pretty good just a general sense of "out of body" feeling. I have noticed that over the past few weeks I have had horrible acheing in my hands and feet. These are the only aches that I get besides the ones in my elbows and shoulders and of course my chest irritation. My hands ached so much this morning that I had to soak them in hot water. hmmmm maybe this is just another symptom of my CFS coming out. Hope everyone has a good weekend. God Bless
  2. s43

s43 New Member

Hi kellbear i have FM and have terrible pain in my hands and feet.My hands feel swollen and they burn,i find that if i wrap them in a wet cloth it cools them down,i also get aches and pains in my arms and shoulders,guess it is another symptom,nothing suprises me these days.Take care SHARON
  3. craftycats6

craftycats6 New Member

Hello Killbear,
    how are you felling now,I have horrible pain in my hands
    my fingers start jerking when i yry to type,sometimes it almost fells as i they belong to someone else.its horrible.i understand that it is part of Fibro. Well thats what the Drs. keep telling me
    I find that the hot soaking helps me too.
    I hope tday that you are painfree,
    or feeling better by the time you read this.

sending soft hugs,
    craftycats6
  4. healing

healing New Member

Hey, Bear -- I have a therapy for you, and it's an indulgence too! Go to your local discount store or drugstore and get yourself a paraffin spa. They don't cost all that much, and soaking your hands/feet in hot paraffin when they ache so much is just WONDERful!!! On top of that, your hands/feet will come out soft and beautiful -- and my spa charges $5 per treatment, so the appliance pays for itself quickly.

Also, I've found that salty foods (e.g., Chinese) can increase minor swelling into major, creating additional pain. So I avoid foods that I know will aggravate my arthritis-type symptoms.

Best wishes to you for improvement!
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My extremities are the worst part of FM for me. Between the tingling in my feet & that "swollen" and hot feeling in my hands, there is also achiness in both hands & feet. I think a lot of us are cursed with that extremity pain, you aren't alone.

I find a good tub soak helps, with epsom salts, on days when I'm feeling the worst.

Good luck with your crafts, hard when your hands hurt, I can bet. Hope you feel better!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Kellbear:
    I guess that this type of pain is another symptom of our fms, don't know about cfs. I started having bad wrist, finger pain which makes it difficult to hold a cup or read a book. I also have foot pain, esp on the outside and ball of the foot, esp on awaking in the AM. I can hardly walk.
    I use an ace wrap with heat/cold pack in it that I wrap around my wrists. It really helps. I use the heat and put it in the microwave for 1 minute. I got it at the drugstore and it was cheap - about $7.00, I think. I don't know what to offer you for your feet. I find that massage helps some, but not much.
    Anyone else have suggestions for foot pain???
    hope you feel better
    sue
  7. tiredjane

tiredjane New Member

Hi Kellbear If I DIDN'T have pain it would really worry me!!Like you my hands hurt. If I bump my fingers wrong it is terriable. Some times the muscles in my feet get so tight I feel like they will crush my bones to powder. There is not many parts of my body that doesn't hurt any more. Guess it is just about time to quit work.