Hand Pain..Could It Be Supplements?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lgp, Oct 18, 2010.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Not too long ago, I made a decision to resume my vitamins and supplements. I am currently taking a multi vitamin, omega 3, and grapeseed extract daily. After some research, I decided to take a Calcium supplement that contains magnesium and vitamin d.

Within two weeks, I am sleeping sooo much better, but I do wake up with terrible hand pain. This has happened before, but I can't seem to figure out which element is the cause. I did not take the calcium/magnesium yesterday and when I awoke, my hand pain was signifigantly less.

Does anybody have any experience with this or have any idea if it is too much calcium or the magnesium that may contribute to my hand pain? This is all very confusing to me and any thoughts or enlightenment on this subject would be much appreciated.

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Calcium carbonate (chalk) has a poor bioavailability.

My favorite magnesium supplement is Calm. Magnesium citrate has a high bio and as a beverage it tastes great. Lemon-Raspberry and stevia make it wonderful.

Strangely, I get hand pain from eating eggs. I've tested it dozens of times, but huevos rancheros is so irrestible, but the "arthritis" always is delayed by a day, but will persist for 3.

Electrolytes (metal salts: Calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium et al) are best from organic vegetables. I have had great results from a juicing machine. Vegetable juice is a power punch of nutrition. Carrots + celery + beets = a real lift and the beets detox the liver big time. My personal favorite is the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer: larger basket gets more juice out of my purchase.

PITATOO Member

That's a tough one to figure out. Not sure where you live but this time of the year in the north is bad on Arthritis, osteo or RA. Where in your hands does it hurt. Carpal tunnel?, fingers etc. I don't think it would be because of your supplements unless you are alergic to one of them. The only real way to figure that out is to stop all and add them back slowly one at a time. The reason I don't think it is the supplments directly is that it takes a while for one supplement to put others out of balance, not a couple of weeks. Water weight gain? I know I get that in my hands/wrist from testosterone and I have had carpal tunnel surgery and the extra water puts the pressure back on the nerves. Are your rings any tighter? Also are you sleeping so soundly that you are sleeping on your hands or maybe cutting off circulation? Try to think of anything else that may be causing the pain...