Hand Railing in Baths and showers??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Oct 17, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

I Had these installed in the The Tub when My Dad would come to visit. So it would be eaiser for him to Get in and out of the Shower!,,,,,,,,,Due to His Right side being Lame from a Stroke,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They are very Helpful for me also,,,,,,,,,,,,,Getting in and out of the Tub . I Think they would be helpful for us all!
  2. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I think that we will all need this kind of help later in our lives.
    Right now I think that I need them ASAP!

I am having real bad probs in bath and shower and all other parts of the house and hate to think that I will have to get my home changed to accomodate my Fibro but that is the way my life is going right now.

I am lucky that I have been given lots of disability stuff because someone I knew died and had only just bought loads of stuff.....and my bro thought it would benifit me to have them.Right now it is all in my loft but I think it will slowly make its way down.BOOHOO!!
    But we have to do whatever to make our lives as easy as possible.

Take care
    Rena

3. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

4. sisland

sisland New Member

HI
    I Hear you!! The Land Lord put them in for me so I didn't Have to pay for it! But Yes Just looking at them makes Me Feel Old!!
    I'm Glad you were able to Get the stuff for Free! I'm sure it's Exspensive! I'm BOO HOOing right along with you!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  5. GwenGlo

GwenGlo New Member

I had them installed in my house for my parents as I took care of them 'til they were 90.

I don't think I could get out of the tub or up from the toilet without a railing.

Last week when I was at the FFC in Mich the hotel I stayed at did not have any and I really had to be careful as my balance is not that great at times.

Safety comes first.

Gwen

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes i agree we get used to something and if it's not around we Really miss it! Stay Safe!
  7. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Sis,

I too have them installed in our bathroom. Not only are they great for maintaining our balance but do make it much easier+safer to move from the tub or shower. Slipping wet feet or a bath mat can cause some very nasty falls. We don't need injuries!! Weezie
  8. ephemera

ephemera New Member

The hand railings make it possible for me to turn around in the shower & not fall over from dizzy spells.

Also, they allow me to pull myself up from the tub whenever I need to take a long soak.

I hate going places that don't have them & always put railings as a suggestion on a comment card.

9. ckball

ckball New Member

Mine is on my whirlpool. After I spend at least an hour in it I need help getting up and out. Carla

10. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Yes i have struggled to get out of the tub a few times also over the years! So I'm very thankful for them! They Have Helped me out alot ! especially this time of year when the Temp plumets and the stiffness sets in once again!

I Think you can Buy the Railings at the local Hardware store, or at a medical supply outlet !,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Willow I Love the photo of your Kitty in your profile!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]