Handicap tag for car

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MAGIE, Sep 9, 2003.

1. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

I find myself geting out of the house less and less each day. Just the thought of driving and them finding parking makes me so tire, that I don't do it. I am so tire most of the time.For me is the worst part of Fibro.I was thinking that is I have a handicag tag for my car, it would help a great deal the days that the pain and exaustion are to much. Is it hard to get one? Do you ask your rheumatologies?
    Thank you.
    Magie
  2. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

licence plate. Much easierfor us.

Good luck and you can pick up the forms at an auto tag store to and take to your doc to fill out. Fast and easy to get.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

and took it to my doctor for his signature. After that I took it back to DMV and got my permit. In our State, Oregon, on one side of the permit is your drivers license number. The DMV warned me not to ever hang the tag in your window,just lay it on the dash. He said that people will look through the side or back window of the car and write down your drivers license number to be used for fraudulent purposes. I also do not use mine unless I absolutely have to. On good days I figure I need the extra walking anyway!!

Dara
  4. Maple

Maple New Member

I got a handicapped parking tag a few years ago with the documentation from my doctor. It was something I should have done years before. There are times I don't use it, but other times I couldn't possibly drag myself into the store to use an electric cart if I didn't have that tag. Ask you doctor about getting one, and use it when you need to. It is there for people who truely need it and you do.
    Maple

[ advertisement ]