Handicapped parking permit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Smurfette17, Jan 17, 2009.

  1. Smurfette17

    Smurfette17 New Member

    Hi friends,

    I've decided that I really do need a disabled parking permit. I live in Michigan and have read about what the necessary procedures are. I was just wondering if others with CFS or FM have had experiences applying for such a permit, and if the DMV is usually sympathetic or denies these requests for our condition. I go to Dr. Lerner, and I'm sure he'd fill out any forms I needed.

  2. 3gs

    3gs New Member

    I have had a placard for years. It is a life saver especially in bad weather.

    Your doctor fills out the form turn it in done. I had a one time only 5.00 fee,there usually good for a couple of years then they send you a renewal.
    I actually got two one for car one to take if some one else is driving.

    The DMV cannot deny you a permit with a doctor's letter.

    good luck you'll be glad you got it
  3. munch1958

    munch1958 Member

    My doc signed the form that I got from the IL Dept of Motor Vehicles. It was free and only took a few weeks to get in the mail. Couldn't live without it now! Good luck -- I hope you get yours.
  4. dragon06

    dragon06 New Member

    I live in NJ and have had a placard for years. My doc signed the form stating "Severe Fibromyalgia". They don't seem to look at the diagnosis as much as they look for the doctor's signature I find...well that is here.
  5. Engel

    Engel New Member

    I had to have an RX from my DR to present at BMV and filled out an application and I think it was $10? I could have gotten 2 placards but only got one (now I wish I had gotten 2).
  6. Debra49659

    Debra49659 New Member

    If your doctor fills out the form the SOS will give you a handicapped parking permit. I also live in Michigan I took my completed form that the doctor signed and they gave me a parking permit that day...at no cost.


[ advertisement ]