HANDS BURN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hoodnanny, May 16, 2006.

1. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i would love to know if someone on the board can help me. there are times when the palms of my hands burn...just like i had picked up a hot skillet.

i dont know what it is or if i should see a doctor or not. it isnt always just some of the time.....and it feels like my hands are strutted and swollen, which the are not.

anyone can help me i would love it.....thanks...shirley
  2. mkiowa

mkiowa New Member

I just wanted to let you know my hands burn and itch. I have scratched my hands till they were red. I hold a cold can of soda in my hands or an ice pak until the burning goes away.
    Good luck!!!
  3. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have had this problem for years now and I wish someone knew what to do because it is awful.

I put mine on my glass table sometimes to cool and the steam coming off them is weird!!They are very red too.

Doc is not interested so not much help from him.
    There is nothing I can do to cool them down.Even when I am in the car I hold my hands out of the window or put them in front of the air-con vents but it will only last a minute.

Trying to get toast out of the toaster with my fingers nearly sets them on fire lol!!

Stay cool

Rena

4. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I'm not sure but it sounds like Neuropathy, I don't have it in my hands but it's in my feet. Maybe a Neurologist would be able to diagnose what is going on.

Laura
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

taking klonopin.....5 mgs at night...i getting buringin from head to toes...it's fms for me..but when in dobut goto the dr's...

maybe it's diabetes?

jodie
  6. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i want to thank each one of you who answered....it makes me feel better knowing someone else knows what i am talking about...
    maybe it isnt so bad.. could be med we take. my face becomes that way to the point i feel like i am burning up.at first i thought it was blood preasure, but that was ruled out...just so it doesnt get any worse.
    thank you guys
    shirley
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Shirley:

I hate to say it, but 'me too'. I also get it on the soles of my feet. I usually just wait it out until it stops, which it always does. Why? I have no idea. I have read that others on here get it and it is attributed to the DDs.

nyrofan