hands hurt

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kittey, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Kittey

Kittey New Member

my husband had lyme a year ago June. Since then his hands hurt a lot and he gets tired easily. Could this be the result of Lyme? Has anyone else had this experience?
    Thanks for your help.
    Kittey
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have lyme too and my hands hurt very badly. Every joint in my hands hurt and you can feel the heat coming off my hands. And I get tired very easy too. I went to church this morning and was wiped out for the rest of the day.

Is your husband being treated fo his Lyme?

Take Care,
    Kellyann
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Was your husband treated for a few weeks with antibiotics and then told he was fine? Or does he have chronic lyme and still on antibiotics?

Many people have late stage or chronic lyme either because they were not treated adequatly after being bitten by a tick, or they did not know they contracted it in the first place and were diagnosed months or years after contracting the illness.

I am in the latter category. Took me years to get a proper diagnosis. My main symptom is fatigue. I also have joint pain and muscle pain. Your hubby's symptoms could be from lyme. Probly is if he had it a year ago.

Dar
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I hope your husband can find an LLMD if the other doctor won't give him more abx.

all the best,
    Victoria
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

it's called Lyme arthritis. It is something I have been dealing with the whole time. He has not been "cured" yet, and probably needs more Abx.

BTW- Lyme is a sexually transmitted disease, and so if he has Lyme, you could too, very easily. It is a cousin of syphillis.

Bunny