hands problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Iamnotgivingup, Apr 2, 2009.

1. In the am and when I have not used my hads for a while I have no gripping strenght.RA,OA or FMS? Any ideas? Thanks.
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

have had the gripping strength problem for a long time, Then my hands began to fall asleep, tingling and had the nerve study test on both of them and i have carpal tunnel syndrome.
    The gripping strength started first before the sleeping , tingling feeling.
    i drop things constantly and it is very much annoying, i'm sure you know what i mean.
    Wish you well

3. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

I have had this problem for a very long time. I am always dropping my hair dryer and hair brush. Also here at work, I drop papers, pens...you name it! I've noticed my coffee cup gets really heavy after I hold it for awhile too. I have shooting pains in the "snuff box area" of my hands and sometimes that area especially just aches. I too have numbness in my hands and fingers.

I am supposed to go for a nerve test to see if I have carpal tunnel but I'm thinking "So what if I do? I really don't want to get shots or have surgery at this point in my life. I'm just too tired for either. Tired of the pain and tired of the problem! Ho hum.
  4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Yes yes yes, my hands hurt all the time and i have to type for a living. It is weird though, the typing doesn't bother me that much. It is just when trying to open something, tear open a wrapper, button, pick things up, open doors, etc....... My doctor says it is the psoriatic arthritis that i have and i even take the Humira shots with no help for the pain. It only helps the psoriasis.
  5. I sincerely thank you all for your replys.I guess at this point , it is true, why bother finding what causes it. The problem is there and we have to deal with it. Wishing you all well.
  6. loto

loto Member

my hands get so weak sometimes, and i have trouble gripping things, and drop things. Do you have pain in your elbows also? I had tendonitis in my elbows, which caused the hands problem to be worse. My doctor gave me a cortisone shot, and since then, the hands problem hasn't been as severe. It's been 2 weeks since the shot, and so far so good!
  7. My elbows hurt only when I touch them. The hand thing is really annoying. As soon as I stop using my hands they feel stiff and I loose all the grip. Be well.