Hanging in there-sleep research study starts soon!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EllenComstock, Nov 25, 2002.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

This is my last day of work before Thanksgiving break so you probably won't hear from me until next week since I don't have a computer at home. Friday I go into Henry Ford Hospital to participate in the sleep research study. I have been without my sleep medication for several days now, and have been without my pain medication for a day. So far I am hanging in there without the medication. For those of you who didn't read my last post about this study I am participating in, you have to stop all medications before the study-long enough for them to be out of your system. Right now I can't even take an aspirin. It's a little scary. I realize now how much I have relied on medications to help me survive with fibromyalgia.

A couple of you asked me to contact this message board while I am in the hospital (will be released the morning of December 3). If I can get access to a computer, I will. Also, I went to my support group last night and the group leader asked me to do a presentation on my experiences in the hospital, which I said I would be happy to do. Who knows, maybe a couple of other people in the group will be willing to help in the research, too.

Anyway, hope all of you have a good Thanksgiving. I will talk to you later!

Ellen
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

This is my last day of work before Thanksgiving break so you probably won't hear from me until next week since I don't have a computer at home. Friday I go into Henry Ford Hospital to participate in the sleep research study. I have been without my sleep medication for several days now, and have been without my pain medication for a day. So far I am hanging in there without the medication. For those of you who didn't read my last post about this study I am participating in, you have to stop all medications before the study-long enough for them to be out of your system. Right now I can't even take an aspirin. It's a little scary. I realize now how much I have relied on medications to help me survive with fibromyalgia.

A couple of you asked me to contact this message board while I am in the hospital (will be released the morning of December 3). If I can get access to a computer, I will. Also, I went to my support group last night and the group leader asked me to do a presentation on my experiences in the hospital, which I said I would be happy to do. Who knows, maybe a couple of other people in the group will be willing to help in the research, too.

Anyway, hope all of you have a good Thanksgiving. I will talk to you later!

Ellen
  3. twjen

twjen New Member

I have been really curious about this connection between sleep and fibro. That is the main thing my dr. talked about. How did you get in on this study? I am very interested to hear from you again and the findings. Thanks for sharing with us! Have a nice Thanksgiving!
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

the sleep study I am participating in involves the problem people with fibromyalgia have in getting restful sleep. I found out about this study through my monthly support group. I will be paid so all of my expenses will be covered.

More later,

Ellen
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Have a Great Thanksgiving Ellen---and again thanks for your self sacrifice. Will be looking forward to hearing from you, soon.
    Karen