Hangininthere/plastics factory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I too worked in a plastics factory.
    It got me good too!
    1 1/2 years mostly 12 hour shifts. Frist my hands and forearms got hurt and then I had to stop working there and now I'm bedridden most of the time 3 years later, I just keep going straight down hill.I never thought about plastic toxins. Like you I've had this stuff forever.
    Dee50
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I never thoought about plastic toxins. This company is fighting me big time. I'd like to be able to make them accountable in court. I've got a lawyer but his not a very good one. Knows nothing about CF/FM. I told him my story and he looked at me like I was CRAZY.

Most people would agree that if I could work 42 hours a week at this very fast hard paced job for 1 1/2 years that I was not sick at this time. I did lose 80 pounds while working there and I was not trying to lose weight. But I no of no way to link my failing health to the plastics. Also when I first got the job I passed as a heavy duty laborer on a physical. I can't even work light duty nowdays.

It took me years to get healthy enough to work that job.
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2005]
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I worked at a place that makes plastic straws, and big molding machines that made plastic forks,knifes and spoons.

Lots of breaking down machines that made lots of smoke and fumes when they broke down. And lots of contact with dyes for paper straw wraps (red,orange,green,blue). Lots of shoveling plastic powder down into boxes so the sucking part of the machine could suck it up and use it to make to product. I wish I know the name of the stuff.

3 types of plastic the hard snap type(it's sharp when you brake it and britel) and the soft type of plastic that bends. OH and the clear type(very fancy stuff) that is very tough. Both names start with poly. One of them is polyethylene. I handled the raw materials that made the plastic and it came in big boxes.

We did not make PVC. I don't understand what the doxin are?
    Dee50

Thanks for any help you can come up with.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

If I could proof it Maybe I could get my long term disability from this company. This lawyer is getting money for my hand and arm injuries maybe he can show a link between my failing health and the factory if Ellispad comes up with something about toxic plastics.

Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]