Happier HEALTHIER Days...Posted Wedding Pic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Jul 30, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I thought I would share one of the happiest days of my life with all of you...A year later I had surgery that I believe triggered all of my problems...

It seems we ALL suffer everyday physically, emotionally, financially, etc, and share our trials and tribulations here where we find wonderful support...

For a change, I wanted ALL OF US to think wonderful thoughts and remember back to a time when we were our most happy and pain-free...I listen to the oldies station and remember my childhood, dysfunctional at best but still some great memories there if I look hard enough...I also look back at old pics like this and am so glad for the memories.

Can we share some good pics of happier days??? If you can't load pics on your profile, you can still participate by looking at others and maybe it will trigger a wonderful memory of your own and give you a moments peace, even if it is just a memory now...

Doug and I were married in NY in 1992, 7 years to the day when he first 'asked me out'...We planned and paid for the wedding ourselves and that day and our honeymoon were oh so perfect...Even the weather was perfect on the 8th of November...

Hope you like it and moreso, hoping it makes you think about a happier time in your own life...Looking at this makes my heart smile and reminds me that life brought me wonderful days before these and a wonderful man I still share life with and that's my greatest joy...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

What a beautiful bride!

Once I can get something hooked up to my computer from home, I will post a happy pic also!

You and I think alot alike. I love to reminise (I know the spelling is way off on that one!!) on the past and look at old photos. They truly due bring a smile to my heart also. I also try to look past the bad and more at the good and all of the wonderful memories I have made.

I am a bride-to-be. Once our finances permit, my boyfriend and I will purchace a ring and plan a wedding. We have been together for 7 years and have been through thick and thin. What a blessing to have a wonderful husband/significant other as we do. I thank my lucky stars every night for him.

Take care,
    Stephanie
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

OH how beautiful! You and hubby are great looking couple.
    I need to put up some different pictures myself.

Thanks for sharing.
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Alicia, thank you so much for posting this gorgeous pic of you and your husband on such a wonderful occasion. From your online name "mamadove" I would have pictured an older, more maternal looking woman and look at you, you're beautiful. I know this pic was over 10 years ago, but I'm sure you are still lovely. Look at that stunning hair!!! Your hubby is good-looking and looks very kind.

God bless you both.

Lolalee
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Stephibee~7 was a lucky number for me and I know it will be for you too...Hope you get to start planning your wedding soon...

Lolalee~you made me chuckle...I guess 'mamadove' does sound maternal now that I think about it but I was given that name by my chocolate lab Moose...It means Mama's Love in Moose talk...Yes, I know it's strange but we gave all our labs 'voices'...Even tho Moose left us last year, I will always be MAMADOVE and my hubby never lets a day go by without reminding me how special that is...

Thanks for looking so far...

Oh yeah, the hair!!! I remember when I made the appointment for a 'wedding do' months prior to the wedding...My stylist got all his clips ready for an "up-do" and was SHOCKED when I told him I wanted BIG hair and that's what my husband would like to see walking down the aisle at him...He admitted he almost passed out when the church doors opened. That's the real me in that picture...I was a metal head, wore leather and kicked butt everywhere I went...Then FMS kicked my butt and I'm still fighting back! But I looked good that day...I turn 39 on 8/8 and am hoping to start some kind of healthy regimen to get me back there, my hubby deserves to wake up to that face once again...
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

The one in my profile very HAPPY DAY.

Sue
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

What a beautiful bride you were! I agree, we need to remember the happier times and that it's not out of the question that there will be equally happy times ahead!

Thanks for sharing the picture,
    Pam
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

And you're right...reading your bio (wow what a story) and then I read your post and it took me back to happier times. (Been a rough month)

Thanks for triggering happy memories for me, and I'd have to say that my pic was of happier times too. (and 20 pounds ago)

Nancy B.
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

What a great looking couple! Thanks for posting it and sharing with us. Both of you look so radiant.

Haven't been on the board too much except mostly to lurk. How are you feelin'?

They told me my Crohn's was in remission (hah) but you know I still have "symptoms" from time to time. Oh well such is life.

Thanks for sharing your memories with us!

((((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  10. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I'm blushing...tehe

Hi Michelle...Dontcha love how they throw that word around...REMISSION...With pain, cramping, swelling, etc...Now that's remission...You can keep it, right?

I am glad you and I are MUCH better than around holiday time, that was awful for me and I know for you too...
    I wish we could wave a wand and make this Crohn's go away!!! Along with the other 'stuff' we have...

I have been trying to keep busy around the house, we are remodeling our kitchen and I give about an hour a day toward it and feeling it every minute...Finally, we are at a point that we can relax a bit, the isalnd and floor can wait til the Fall, this heat is brutal, even in Maine...

Hubby and I just came from the store and visiting a friend so I am coming down from a long, painful day...

Stay as symptom free as you can, thinking of you ~ Alicia
  11. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

This board moves so fast...

Hope you all had a nice day...We are getting ready for the next heat wave beginning tomorrow, so I will be on here quite a bit...

Have a nice evening~Alicia