Happiness is within my grasp, but reaching seems so hard

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Honora88, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

I feel lonely. I say I want friends. I joined a meetup group but everytime I cancel my reservations. I think I am used to being alone. I am used to my status quo and wanting seems to be good enough. And actualizing it seems to scary so I am stuck in between and end up thinking that wanting is good enough. The feeling is good enough. The actualization of it is too much work.

Tonight there is a meetup group and I've made excuses already that it will suck, nobody will show up. There won't be any females I can be friends with. It'll be typical boring conversations. And then I end up in my room alone and bored.

2. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

You are stuck in neutral, and we have all been there in one way or another. Go to the group. If it's not your thing, or you don't feel comfortable - then leave. Make up an excuse or just walk out. What do you have to lose?

Plan your day. Schedule your shower/bath, pick out what you want to wear. What time you will leave, what route you will take. Make it seem like an appointment you can't cancel.

If it sucks...then it sucks. But...what if it's great! What if you make new friends? You can do it. I'm sending positive thoughts your way! Let me know what happens!

I triple dog dare you to go!

3. Honora88

Honora88 Member

I can leave if I don't like it and take a walk. Didn't think of it that way!
  4. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

You go girl!

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Did you go???

Sometimes we have to force ourselves to do things. Okay most of the time LOL. I would say 90% of the time, I'm happy I went somewhere, and 100% of the time, I'm happy I made the effort.

I do understand everything else you wrote about. In my mind, I'm right out there doing everything that everyone else does. I just don't get out there and do it. But somehow it satisfies me. You articulated it very well.